(PICS) My "New" Old Weber Redhead (?)

JJackson

TVWBB Member
I scored this, and another one, a week or so back off of CL. I tried registering it with Weber, however their site says it doesn't recognize the serial # (I'm 80% sure it's EO-29954, model # 570000). If you guys could help me identify it, that would be awesome.

I've used some grill cleaner on it and scraped off what I could, but it's still a tad messy. The previous owner said he'd recently scrubbed it down and painted the caps and inside/outside the firebox with high-heat spray paint. He did not take it apart to do so. I hope that didn't ruin it...

IMG_1712_zpsfitd9wn2.jpg

IMG_1713_zps4kog82sw.jpg

IMG_1715_zpsws0pvllw.jpg

IMG_1714_zpsi9dz9oqs.jpg

I hope he actually scrubbed the gunk off the inside lid and washed it down to the glossy paint, at least, before he painted over it. Not sure I like the flat paint on the inside. It's halfway down the sides of the firebox, too. Grates are in okay shape, but they look like they're those thinner, PCI "hollow" ones.

IMG_1716_zpsuwujjtyp.jpg

Flavorizer bars are in okay shape. Barely rusty. Also PCI.

IMG_1717_zpswicdrkdg.jpg

Burners look okay. They got a brushing. I have a new set, just in case either grill needs them. Both are showing some orange in the flames, which I've read isn't ideal.

IMG_1718_zps55pqqq03.jpg

The sticker under the control pannel - pretty sure it says Model # 570000, Serial # EO-29954, 33,000 BTU. I could be wrong.

IMG_1720_zpsmdocdw4w.jpg

Is the left side supposed to have casters?

Any help with year and ID would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
This is a Genesis 1000, due to the wire rack below. The EO portion of the serial number makes this a 1995 model. The same codes are used on Weber charcoal grills and smokers. I've got an article on this here:

Determining The Age Of Your WSM

There are supposed to be casters on the left legs.

The Genesis 1000 would have had a deeper fire box and 2 rows of flavorizer bars they lost the numerical hierarchy IIRC when the grills went to single row bars and yes they're supposed to have casters. I think by this time they were simply called A, B or C models

I saw somewhere, not on TVWBB (and now I can't find it), that those plastic tables with that line in them means it's a Spirit 700. I just can't confirm that anywhere since I lost that source.

Yeah, it only has the 1 layer of FB.

I agree with LMichaels I have a 1999 1000LX and it has the two rows of flavorizer bars. I think it's into the 2000s as far as dates go.

It looks like a Spirit 700 according to this sales brochure that I have. It did not come with castors, the specs are listed below. I will get my hubby to scan & pdf whole whole brochure. I don't see this 1993 sales brochure listed in the brochure thread, maybe it could be added?

Back