Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: The Adapt-a-Damper - Open Source Project

TVWBB Pro
    Friction fit unless you print the threaded version.

Looking at adding a damper to my UDS, but the two inlets I have are 1.5in.

Has anyone drawn an adapter that goes up to that size? The inlet valve is 1.5in so i'm guessing the diameter needs to be slightly smaller with an O-Ring to stop it falling out (It's not threaded).

I'm a complete novice when it comes to 3D printing otherwise i'd have a go myself :-S

Quote Originally Posted by MilesB View Post
    Looking at adding a damper to my UDS, but the two inlets I have are 1.5in.

Has anyone drawn an adapter that goes up to that size? The inlet valve is 1.5in so i'm guessing the diameter needs to be slightly smaller with an O-Ring to stop it falling out (It's not threaded).

I'm a complete novice when it comes to 3D printing otherwise i'd have a go myself :-S
    Print the threaded adapter. Take it down to your home improvement store and find a copper plumbing part to screw in. Then search around for various elbows, reducers, and so on which will allow you to go from that 1" pipe thread to the inlet of your cooker. Solder or screw everything together and you're good to go.

Ah! Occam's razor...I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Hello all. Just received my parts including the adapt a damper. I noticed WBegg's servo/fan wirings had the connectors attached to the ends and somehow attached to the rj45 jack. Is there instructions for that part? It seems like an elegant way rather than cutting off the servo/fan wiring ends and pushing it down onto the jack? Thank you.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233