2 Birds / 2 Ways - WSM smoked and on Gasser with Rotisserie

Steve_Williams

TVWBB Fan
Hi All,

Having 15 plus over at the house for Thanksgiving this year. I thought it would be fun to have two birds made two different ways. Both birds will have butter, S&P, garlic and paprika under and over veer the skin.

I will smoke one 14# bird on the WSM. I think I'll have the charcoal chamber with lots of unlit charcoal and then a full lite put on top. I'll just use a foiled bowl with no water. I'll also use Apple and Hickory for smoke. I'm guessing if I can hold temps at above 300'F it should be 3-4 hours cook time.

The other 14# bird will go on my gasser / rotisserie. I have a back burner which I think is the best way to use the rotisserie. I'll use some apple wood chips in gasser for a lite smoke. I am guessing it will take 2.5 to,3 hours to cook this way.

So I'll start the WSM first and get it all going then have time to get the rotisserie going.

What do,you all think? Sugestions?

Sounds good to me. My personal preference is for fruit wood on poultry, so if it were me, I'd skip the hickory. If I have a crowd, I like to do turkey two ways as well.

Back