Flames through knob Genesis 330

JesseG

TVWBB Member
Hello, my dog tipped over my grill and bent up the knobs and now I get flames coming through the knobs, any advice? Anyone have this from a bent knob before?

The spindle that goes into the manifold is bent and allowing the gas to leak past the seals. There is no repairing that short of a new manifold. I absolutely would not use that grill.

Even with the knob turned to "Off" there can still be leakage that will accumulate in the cabinet. When you light your grill, you can expect a rather large boom. You might not hear it but your survivors certainly will.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the info, I haven't used it since I saw his happen but was hoping it may be an easy fix .. That darn dog!!!

Odds are that grill will possibly cost more to fix than worth between a new manifold, looks like it's pretty well beat up anyway so maybe another one and use that as donor parts if the new one needs anything

You don't need to change the manifold, just the valve. You can find them at plumbing supply houses and on Ebay.

You can buy a replacement manifold, I'm not sure what the cost is, but it would be better than throwing away the BBQ

You don't need to change the manifold, just the valve. You can find them at plumbing supply houses and on Ebay.

That's news to me. I had water get into one of the valves and it froze and bent the stem 2 years ago. Weber would only sell me a manifold for $70. I kept the old one for parts but I'll look for a new valve now.
How standard are they?

Back