How to restore to original erase/setting

Malvin C

TVWBB Member
I've got my Heatermeter built and it was fully operational. Made some tweaks to the network settings and now I cannot obtain an IP address or connect via the ethernet jack. Is there a way to restore all settings, including network settings, back the default. Or, is there a way to plug the unit into a monitor via the HDMI output and connect a keyboard to obtain the settings?

Thanks for any help!

Yes and yes.
To restore factory settings push the HM button to the right until you get to the reset setting and apply, that should do the trick on recent release software.
You can also plug in a HDMI monitor and keyboard and hack at it that way, but the above method will be the easiest path to reset.

Thanks Ralph. I think I figured out one of the issues and thankfully (I guess) is that it does not reside solely in the HM. It is fine. When I built and setup the HM, I was in my shed at my workbench. I have an access point router out there for internet connectivity since the router in the house will not reach that far based on the setup. Both the house router and the shed router are on the same SSID so that I can bounch between the two on my phone, computer, etc. without having having to make any settings on my devices. This works much like it would in a large office, shopping center, etc. Because of the way OpenWRT works, it is connecting to the to the shed router based on the router MAC. When I move inside, it out of range of the shed router. So, I need to work through this issue so that I can do any setup I want pre-cook inside and then carry the HM (with the food) outside to the shed where I store the smokers and do my smoking. If anyone has had similar issues, advice would be appreciated.

Back