Throwdown #31: Turkey Legs

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Per our tradition, as the last throwdown winner, Cliff Bartlett gets to pick the next throwdown ingredient and he chooses:

Turkey Legs!!

Thanksgiving_Dinner_Turkey_Drumstick_Leg_On_Paper_Plate_free_creative_commons_4139402158_zpsowlqfpot.jpg

Seems fitting for this time of year and for what will be the last throwdown of 2015.

Entries must include the use of a turkey drumstick in some way, shape or form. Could be the drumstick from your Thanksgiving turkey. Could be cured, smoked turkey legs done Disneyland-style (recipes and videos abound on the InterWeb). Could be grilled turkey drumsticks. Could be leftover turkey leg meat used in turkey pot pie. You get the idea.

Let's run this throwdown until Sunday, December 13 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.

Good luck everyone!

P.S. Remember, don't be intimidated! This isn't a barbecue competition, it's just for fun and friendship! Try it, you'll like it! And make sure to see the simple throwdown rules.

P.S.S. Remember, only 10 photos for each entry! Photo collages (multiple photos grouped into a single file) are OK, but each photo in the collage counts towards the 10 photo limit.

I don't do these comps but they all give me excellent ideas for future cooks and I really look forward to them.

Having said that, this one has been going for 2 1/2 weeks now and not one entry. Maybe its time to re-think the current "object of our affections" and pick a new one?

perhaps everyone is waiting on YOU to start, Len.

Still 14 more days for entries.... plenty of time. Heck, there maybe folks out there already to post their wonderful Turkey Leg Creation.... just waiting for the right moment ;)

Well when I cooked my thanksgiving turkey I didn't have the throw down in mind and didn't snap a picture of just the drumstick. I smoked my thanksgiving turkey over apple wood at 325 for 2.5 hours. I injected the legs with creole butter and cooked them to 170 degrees internally. While I didn't snap a pic of just the drumstick here is the bird including drumstick! I did eat one of the drumsticks and it was fantastic!

Back