Just ordered a Genesis E-310 !!!

Dave L.

TVWBB Pro
Well you guys talked me into it. I finally bit the bullet and got a Genesis. I need a cover for it but the reviews online say the Weber covers are junk. They apparently have mesh screens over the side shelves which allow water to get in the grill. Do you know of any other covers that will work?

great deal. not sure about the weber covers but i've always been partial to covers made by upholstery shops. they use a vinyl made for boats that last a loooooong time.

I have a Genesis EP-320 with the deluxe cover and I like it alot. It does have a mesh screen over the back section of the grill hood but I dont remember seeing it over the side tables. I never have a problem with water getting in. Take a look at it Dave and see what you think.
Oh, and congrats on your new gasser.

Steve, the people who bought the covers and reviewed them said there is no way of telling which cover it is from the picture on the package. Apparently there are two different types of covers. They said the cover with the back screen works good but it's a hit or miss deal as to which cover you are going to get when you open the package. They said they called Weber and Weber said they had no complaints from customers about the side vent covers and couldn't do anything about it. What could be the purpose of having a mesh screen on a cover? To me that defeats the purpose of a cover.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave L.:
Steve, the people who bought the covers and reviewed them said there is no way of telling which cover it is from the picture on the package. Apparently there are two different types of covers. They said the cover with the back screen works good but it's a hit or miss deal as to which cover you are going to get when you open the package. They said they called Weber and Weber said they had no complaints from customers about the side vent covers and couldn't do anything about it. What could be the purpose of having a mesh screen on a cover? To me that defeats the purpose of a cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's pretty bad when they cannot tell you which is which. I guess I got lucky-although I bought mine at a store called California Backyard and was allowed to open it up before purchasing it. The mesh is for some sort of ventilation but I don’t really understand why.

Dave, go to Amazon.com and order the Mr BBQ Platimun Prestige Large Grill cover. It fits the Genesis E-310 perfectly. It's also heavy duty and heat resistant.

Mike

Dave
As it was explained to me - The vents are to allow the BBQ to breathe. Without the vents condensation can build up under the cover. It actually makes sense to me. I have not found any condensation when I lift the covers.

Regards

Mike, thanks for the tip. I will check it out.

Phil, that does make sence but my grill will be in the shade all day so I don't know if condensation will develope. I am going to try another cover first and if I find condensation under it then I will buy a weber cover.

Dave
It doesn't matter too much about the cover. generally it is just to keep the dust/dirt off.
The proof is in the cooking, I love mine and love the way that I can get it up to 550 in 10 minutes and then do a quick high temp grill.
One hint - regularly clean the drip pan that channels the fat/juices into the drip tray, give the drip tray a clean or replace regularly as well. I had a fire in mine the other night because I hadn't cleaned for about 8 weeks.

Regards

Originally posted by Dave L.:
the reviews online say the Weber covers are junk.

That's my expierence, "junk". I purchased one for my silver B, everything was fine for about 4 months then we got one of those good oklahoma wind driven rains and evrything I had in the storage area was ruined. Didn't think about it at the time so it was several weeks before I discovered the damage.
I now cover my grill with an old shower curtain before I put the high dollar cover on it.

I am itching real bad to start cooking on the grill. Hopefully it will come in by this weekend. I also ordered an EZ-Que that I hope comes in before the weekend. The weather is supposed to be beautiful and I have a couple of Cornish Game Hens ready to cook.

Back