Auber HM kit

JoeMarcum

TVWBB Member
When purchasing the Heat Meter kit from Auber, you have the option to buy the PI module. Do they install this or is this something that i would need to install when the item arrives? Has anyone purchased all the components through Auber?

I've purchased three of the Auber kits over the last month or so. I bought them because I wanted the thermocoupler they sell and at the time it was on sale. They use the latest board, but you have to go with the thermocoupler. I didn't buy the case or RPi so I can't say if it comes all put together. They are easy to talk with so just pop them an email.

I find that they are not too careful when soldering the jacks and I had to touch them up before it would fit into the cases I printed. One of the three, the four way button didn't work, but they were very easy to work with and replaced it without issue.

For the one I built that didn't need the thermocoupler I bought the kit from Bryan with the RPi. You won't find a better deal.

Last edited:
Ha! That's interesting, I thought for sure they'd convert it to SMD for ease of manufacturing.
emot-effort.gif

Back