Crossbraces?

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I just got a free Q300 and after finishing the restoration I still don't know where the Crossbraces go, even after looking that the schematic. :confused: Sorry about the blurry photos, I need to find a better hosting site.

9Fv97m6.jpg

Here's the grill

gmzKPQa.jpg

By the way, if you also happen to know what size grease catch pan liner fits please let me know. Thanks,

I could be wrong, but I think there's only one size grease pan liner - my Q200 & ~2001 Genesis silver b both take the same one. If you stop into a home depot or lowes they're in there. Can't help you with the cross braces - is is possible that it's a warming rack? Nice Score! I know ChuckO will disagree, but I've almost bought that same grill twice.

Shaun, look at the gap in the shelf when it hanging down, they go into the body next to the "hinge" that is hanging down. I think they are installed so the hinge points don't spread apart too far. By the way, it's beautiful and you will enjoy how good it will cook.

I know ChuckO will disagree
They have their purposes, and what they do cook, they cook great. I recently did a tear down on ex 320 and I don't recall any braces like that. I would only guess that maybe they go across the bottom of the two tables from underneath?

My only advice for that grill is to do tear downs often. I had problems with grease build up and as a result grease fires. Very disappointing wrecking food due to a grease fire

Thanks to your advice, I got the pans, found out where the braces go and definitely going to keep it clean. I can see how a grease fire could totally happen!

This is my first ever gasser, in fact I have never even cooked on one. So far my experience has been great and much better than expected. I'm mainly doing small cooks right now to get the feel for it. I have made some of my best sausages yet, and am planning sausage and peppers now. I usually use heavy smoke, but lately have been backing way off using quite a bit less in my cooking. I would like to hear some techniques for adding a little though. I did the tinfoil package so far and it worked, but not that good. I can see where this will really fit in for breakfast on a griddle and most of my regular grilling possibly including pizza. Probably not grilled chicken parts though, just breasts.

Last edited:
I threw on a small piece of apple branch on my grate today (genesis silver b) when I fired it up, there was still a piece wedged on my flavorizer bars.........

I got a thing called "Mo's smoking pouch" that I use a lot of times

I've had countless boneless/skinless thighs up to tri tip & London broil off a Q100.

Shaun, have you looked at Phil Hartchers suggestions yet for cooking on a Q?? Also, there are several Weber videos on YouTube that also give instructions on how to use a Q. Mine do killer "fried" wings and legs on a regular basis as well as whole roasted birds. There is even a method to do ribs on a Q, which I tried and they come out great!! The Q's are really a versatile cooker as others can attest to. You sure can't beat it for the price you paid.

Thanks Clint and Tom, I have been cooking on it nonstop until today. We are finishing up the leftovers. I am planning two Cornish hens and will take a look at some of Phil Hartchers techniques. If you have any particular threads in mind for me to look at please share them. I want to test the limits and see what I can do with this. Those wings sound really good. I might have to start posting in the cooking photos soon. Last nights salmon was some of my best. Thanks again!

Back