Setup HM software on OS X

ApplePi Baker is the mac equivalent of Win32 Disk Imager.

Download the snapshot from here.

Tell ApplePi Baker to use the IMG file openwrt-brcm2708-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img. You'll need to unzip the openwrt-rpi.zip file first.

You don't have to format the card or anything. It doesn't matter what is on it because the snapshot completely obliterates what's there when it is installed. You need to download the snapshot that Steve linked, unzip the .img file out of it, then tell ApplePi Baker to write that to the SD card. Put it in the Pi and you're running.

You can't image to the same path ApplePi is running from I would bet, seeing as it's going to trash everything on the card completely and rewrite it.

Move ApplePi AND the image file to your computer and you should be fine.

tried again last night. Apple Pi 1.5.1 went through motions of " making" pi onto sd card. identified file to write to sd card. get message that pi is "baked". looked on SD card. nothing on it. :( what gives? any help, please...

I'm not at my computer so I can't say for sure, but newest version asked for a password when it started up and I don't remember the older one doing so. Did it ask when you attempted to write the image? Maybe there's a place for a password on the old one? Or maybe it requires to be started with administrator privileges?

If you have access to a Windows computer, it literally takes 2 minutes to do, so that might be the easiest way. If not when I get home I'll see if I can figure it out.

Back