Considering Spirit E-210

WalterN

I've owned a Weber Kettle for years and am considering getting a gas grill, mostly to be used for quicker "weeknight" sort of cooking, most always just for 2 of us...I've been looking at the Weber Spirit 210 which seems well regarded, but am wondering if at $400 it's really worth the premium over this Broil-Mate 165164, which also seems well reviewed, and which I can currently get for $120 at Lowe's.

The Weber certainly looks nicer, and comes with a better warranty (though of course at the current prices you could replace the cheaper grill twice over entirely and still be ahead) - would you pay the extra $280 for the Weber?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

BroilMates are very good grills. Though I would move a step up in the line. You'll than get a North American made unit (not Chinese as with the Spirit) or the cheaper model and still save money to boot. Something like this http://www.broilkingbbq.com/grills/monarch/monarch_320 will still cost less than the little Spirit and give you a far better grill. Just my $.02

You'll than get a North American made unit (not Chinese as with the Spirit)
you lack of knowledge of Weber products once again requires correcting. The Weber gas grills are assembled in America, granted with parts supplied from through out the world, including US & Canada broilmates bbqs are assembled in Canada, their components are also made outside the US and Canada

Sorry but you better look again. The Spirit line is a made in China product. Clearly marked on the box. The mainline product(s) i.e. Genesis and Summit are marked assembled in USA (here too if you can call a box of parts in boxes most of which are labeled Made in China assembled). Most of the main body parts are stamped here in the USA on the larger grills (again Summit/Genesis) but most of the stuff is made outside the USA. And yes while this may be true of the other products (Broilmate, BroilKing, etc. from Onward) at least the prices are a more in line with that fact.

Back