Solder reflow oven controller

D Peart

TVWBB Pro
Yes, I know. . . . but has anyone used the alarms to created a reflow profile, then used the HM driving a SSR to run the toaster oven?

I was thinking that the Heatermeter Control -RampDown script could be hacked to simulate a reflow curve, though we would need to put in some time delays.

Just thought I'd ask before I started off on my task for yet another HM project.

In case this helps. Here is an example:
kester.jpg

thanks
david

I'm using the HeaterMeter to control the temperature inside my 3D Printer enclosure. It's a steady temperature of 38 degrees Celcius that is achieved by opening and closing a vent with the servo output. It's a little different from your application because my target is a steady temperature, not a moving target on a timed profile. For my reflow oven, I'm using a RocketScream Reflow Oven shield on my Arduino Uno.

Yeah there's not the ability to do specific temperature ramps or timed profiles so the software isn't really suited for it. I bet you can find some software to do it on github then just configure the output pin and temperature input pin and flash it to the avr through the heatermeter webui.

There are several out there. The RocketScream seems straightforward. We have the temp read circuitry for the thermocoupler already. But on the other hand is it worth it, when you can get an uno shield with everything for < $40.

david

A couple questions. 1. How do I read the temperature? 2. how do I write something to the screen.

With those two things I can re-purpose my HM as reflow controller.

david

Back