RPi Model B Rev.2 Where to Find

WBegg

TVWBB Pro
Anyone know a good source for the Raspberry Pi model B (not B+). I am building 4 HMs (3 for me, 1 for a friend) but am having trouble locating the correct RPi for it.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Will

I used to get them from Allied but they started charging me retail + crazy shipping cost (~60 cents per item at Q100) so I stopped buying them. EDIT: But they do show them in stock.

Last edited:
after adding tax and shipping its only a couple bucks cheaper than amazon, that is with the slow boat from china shipping option

Seems like they would get one to me for $41 delivered with "economy ground" shipping, Amazon is about $50. I've never used Allied, so you're right, I'd probably go with Amazon myself for trust factor personally. Makes me glad I jumped on a few Model B's when SparkFun was blowing them out for $25!
I hope the CHIP computer ends up working out, $9 compared to $40-$50 plus $10-15 more for wifi and SD Card is a big difference. That would shave at least $40-$50 off the cost of a HM. I don't find the size of the rPi an issue, I'm not a fan of miniaturizing things until they are difficult to use, I think the HM is just about the right size as is.... but a big reduction in hardware cost would be nice!

Back