Power blip?

MarkW

Hey guys, I've been using my heatermeter for a couple months now but a problem just came up. When I plug the servo and fan into the heatermeter I can see on the LCD a little blip almost like it lost power for a split second and came back on. I also loose my wifi connection and it doesn't always come back. Where should I try to start troubleshooting?

Thanks!

How are you connecting the blower and servo? I'd check for any stray wires that might be causing a short.

I'm using cat5 cable with soldered connections. I replaced it with another cat5 and resoldered it all and I still get the same result.

Maybe shine a light into the cat5 jack on the HM board to see if the pins inside the jack look ok.

The jack looks clean when I put a light in there. Any chance I have a resistor or capacitor going? I don't know anything about electronics.

The blower and servo together can tax a 1A power supply pretty heavily, I always recommend that you get a beefier PS if you are going to run the servo and/or a larger than stock blower. Perhaps your PS is getting weak or your servo or blower is getting older and drawing just a tad more power to operate and the PS just can't keep up. None of the electronics on the HM board are taxed very hard so I would say it is extremely unlikely you have a diode/resistor/transistor etc going bad. I would lean toward the suggestions to check for frayed wires and/or try a beefier PS.

Back