Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Replies Emailer

New Replies Emailer

I'm not getting email alerts anymore for new replies. Is there a setting for this?
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

When you start a new thread, there's an option at the bottom of the page where you subscribe to the thread and choose a notification method. Have you used this option to subscribe to your thread?

If you're replying to someone else's thread, you can get these same options by clicking "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the page.

Does this help?

Yes, I thought I used that option, but I can't quite remember at the moment. With other vBullentin forums, all I have to do to get email notifications is to either start a thread or reply to an existing thread. Does it not work that way here?
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

Our vBulletin installation is not setup to work that way, but there's a setting in your profile that controls this and I've activated it. Let me know if it starts working the way you expect.

Best,
    Chris

Thanks, I'll keep you informed!

Bump.

Emailers are working well, but I keep having to sign-in ever so often. Is there a setting that will allow me to sign-in just once (until I leave the forum and clean my cookies)?

Have you checked the "Remember Me" box just below the username and password fields? This should keep you logged in between visits until you clear cookies.

Is that the only location?

I knew there was a setting for that option, but I thought it was in the user control panel.

I think that's the only location for this function.

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    if you look top right of the page, you'll see "My Profile". Click that then go down to "General Settings". There you can set a general preference for

Default Thread Subscription Mode:

If you check off one of those, you will receive notification on EVERY thread you have posted in (either started or replied to). I would hesitate to do that though as you may become inundated with email (assuming that's the option you choose). IMO, best is just in the threads that you have a specific interest in, using the method Chris suggested.

BUT as you found out, every time you clear your cookies you'll lose that check mark and have to remember to do it all over again.
    Last edited by Len Dennis; 11-11-2015 at 02:13 PM.
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast