Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Brand New Damper Design - "The Micro Damper"

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riku Naskali View Post
    Any change you could do a model that would accept a RJ45 Keystone connector inside it? I know it's going to be lot bigger, but those 4-pin jacks are impossible to find outside Mouser... I ordered some from ebay, but they are too long and won't fit inside the Microdamper assembly.

I wouldn't mind a bigger size, just would like to get a good looking connector securely inside the Microdamper.
    It's a great design, except for the connection. Not gonna risk frying my HM using a phono jack. Wish he would rethink the RJ45...

TVWBB Member
    I used the bigger size model. Connected all the wire directly to each other which eliminated the use of a jack. Makes it easier. Just use shrink wrap to make sure the wire donít touch and short. Obviously this will require a bit of soldering. Hope that helps.

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    Yeah the one I have I just soldered the ethernet cable directly to the blower and servo wires and then put a zip tie on it for strain relief and a rubber grommet. Its been sitting outside for 2 years now and still works perfectly.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

TVWBB Member
    Yeah, Bryan. Now that I think about it... you might have directed me to do this a few years back.
    Kamado Joe Classic

Does anyone happen to have the original design files? I would like to make some tweaks to the design.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142