Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand New Damper Design - "The Micro Damper"

Anyone else have issues getting servo numbers correct? Mine seems to spin in full 360's no matter how close I have the two numbers? I was working on a cook this weekend and couldn't get the damper to function correctly.

TVWBB Fan
    Hey Steve, would you be able to upload a 3/4 threaded version? I can modify the .stl if I have to but I figure if you have the model you could do it pretty quick. Thanks in advance!
    / Gold Mini WSM, 14.5", 18.5"

reducing to 3/4-in would reduce the efficiency of the entire system and would result in very poor results.
    Creator of the MicroDamper - first inline and linear damper
    Blackstone Posse :: KCBS Member

Sorry I haven't been around much guys! I've been crazy crazy busy with work - in and out of town constantly - the free time I did have I spent with my wife which was fairly minimum. Work is now dying down and I should be at home for the foreseeable future which means I will be printing MicroDampers again. Hopefully nothing on my printer breaks and everything goes well for a while! Stay tuned to http://www.microdamper.com since I should have things up for sale in the next couple days. For those who have emailed me directly inquiring about a timeline when I'll be printing again, I apologize because I really thought I'd be back to it much much sooner!
    Creator of the MicroDamper - first inline and linear damper
    Blackstone Posse :: KCBS Member

Steve,

Was having issues with the fan being too close the servo base. The wires kept falling down into the fan blades.....even when I taped them back. Just a bit tight in there. So I took your STL file and put it thru meshmixer and stretched it vertically. Now there is plenty of room for the wires to move around and it doesn't seem to affect the performance so far. Anyway....thought I might share with everyone. I put it as a remix attached to your MicroDamper Model on Thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2517228

Appreciate the MicroDamper.....is working fantastic with my ESP8266 Akorn Controller....!!

TVWBB Member
    Hi Steve,

Trying to decide which damper design to go with. I really like your Micro Damper but I have a question about the CFMs you get using the recommended fan. I have the 18" WSM and currently have the dog bowl with a 6.3 CFM blower hooked up. Sometimes I like to crank the temp up for some quick roasted Buffalo wings and like to get the cooker up to around 400 degrees but it is hard with the blower I currently have. Wich fan would you rcommend paired with the Micro Damper that will allow me to get around 400 when needed?

Thanks,
    Troy
    Last edited by Troy Gamm; 09-05-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Weber Performer 02', WSM 18.5, HeaterMeater 4.0, Smokey Joe Gold, Thermapen SF

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCK View Post
    guys I want to make sure I wired my ethernet cable correctly

for no. 3 , fan power i show 11.82v on the multimeter
    for no. 2 servo power I show 4.84v
    for no. 1 servo position, I show 0.14v

Is this all as it should be?

thanks

TVWBB Fan
    I have tried to make one of these a few times, tight, OMG, so tight... but once i get it all wired up, it works, ish, but the HM just flashes, blinks, goes nuts, the microdamper turns on, fan blows, servo moves, but the HM is ****ed, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JHalasz View Post
    I have tried to make one of these a few times, tight, OMG, so tight... but once i get it all wired up, it works, ish, but the HM just flashes, blinks, goes nuts, the microdamper turns on, fan blows, servo moves, but the HM is ****ed, any ideas?
    sounds like a short in the md wiring. does it happen if you remove the Ethernet cable from the hm?

TVWBB Platinum Member Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    Either that or the servo is jammed up and takes so much 5V power turn the damper that it browns out the HeaterMeater / Pi. Try it without the top damper disc (just the servo gear sticking up) on and see if you get the same thing. If you do, then you almost certainly have a fault in your wiring. If it works without the disc then it needs too much torque to turn and is killing the power.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast