Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The LinkMeter Snapshot and YOU

TVWBB Member
    cannot see my devices in MS Edge after I performed an update to the latest snapshot this morning. I see another line with another name there that was not there before. for security reasons I not going to say what it is. All I get now for my connections is error. In the past I have been able to get past this issue, but this time I cannot. Any ideas out there beside updating to Chrome which I will not do.

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    You should probably create a separate thread as this thread is really just to be a running update about the snapshot's new features and fixes and questions directly related to those features. If you need to continue the conversation further, please create a new thread to discuss your issue.

I'm not sure if you're saying you've got your device listed in http://heatermeter.com/devices/ or if you think you're seeing someone else's device? If there is a device listed on that page with a recent "Last seen" time that is your device (unless you're behind some sort of weird proxy and there's another HeaterMeter somewhere behind the same proxy). The IP address of the wireless adapter is where you want to go to connect to it. Edge has never been able to test the connection automatically (although IE can). You might also check and make sure you don't have a "heatermeter" wifi network that has appeared now, which would indicate the wireless network settings are back to default. You can also watch the LCD display on bootup and after ~30 seconds it should show the IP address in a message displayed on the screen. If you have network discovery turned on, you can also just look in Explorer on the "Network".

Also, I'm not sure if you've heard, but MS Edge has ceased development on the Edge core and is going to be replacing its internals with... Chrome. Not that that is relevant in this case though, because any web browser should be able to connect to the HeaterMeter.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

TVWBB Member
    finally got things going. Went back to my early December update and verified I could go through Edge and configure using my ethernet cable. I went and downloaded the snapshot again this morning and tried it again. No way I could get into the interface using my ethernet cable using the Edge link. So I went ahead and got into the interface through my router. Once there, I was able to restore my wifi settings and got up and running. A couple of things I need to add. When I tried using IE, Edge, and even Firefox, my link into the configuration interface either did not show or with Edge only showed an error. This was with the ethernet cable connected. From there got my wifi setup and then all my browsers would connect through the heatermeter link. When I had these issues, in Edge I could see the wifi and ethernet ip`s and one from your end. The heatemeter ip`s showed errors while yours did not. I still could not connect to yours. The other issue I ran into was after transferring the image to the card, I did a verify and got an error at location 8192. Have not had that prior. That was with yesterdays and today snapshot downloads.

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    I've never tried the verify in Win32DiskImager and it looks like it doesn't work for me for all the different firmwares despite the image flashing fine. Stable14-bcm2708 works, Stable14-bcm2709 does not. The img from the ZIP archive doesn't verify, but the preconfigured image does. I can't find any logical set of things (platform, wifi config, snapshot vs release) that do verify properly vs what doesn't.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you're talking about connecting to my IP address. The only devices you'll see on the devices page are devices on your network that have Internet access to be able to register with the Internet database. I'm not sure why you'd be unable to connect from your computer to the webui either while connecting from your router worked? Your router has a web browser on it? Or you SSHed in from your router? I'm glad you got it working but I'm not sure what the issue was. Also remember that if you flash firmware using Win32DiskImager, it always will reset your network configuration as well (and optionally reconfigure it if you downloaded one of the pre-configured images with your wifi settings).
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314