First KCBS comp

Eric Michaud

TVWBB Super Fan
First KCBS comp this weekend at Bear's smokehouse New England BBQ Championships. Wow, what an experience. Bill & Shaune Gillespie from Smokin Hoggz were my neighbors, got to meet them and chat a bit, very nice folks and were extremely engaging. Bill even gave me a copy of his new book. Also got to meet Diva Q and chat a bit, being part of the "9:22 pre-comp shot" was cool. Also met Simon Majumdar from the Food network, really down to earth guy. We took 2nd place in People's choice Saturday but did not walk Sunday, we kind of burned out after Saturday night, 1200 people attended, we really worked hard and it paid off. This was such an awesome learning experience. This weekend confirmed my thought that you meet so many great folks in the BBQ world.

Our pit

2nd place People's choice

Proud to say I learned so much from this site and its members. Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, a weekend I will never forget. A bit daunting when the first thing you see when you pull up is Diva Q's trailer, then Bill Gillespie pulls in with his new rig lol. Learned so much, while chatting with Bill Gillespie from Smokin Hoggz I talked about this site and how much I have learned here. Turns out he too has chatted to Kevin Kruger about this craft we love. Pretty cool, small world.

congrats on the big win! Next year they better change the trophy to a bullet style smoke instead of an offset!
Good job!

Thank you Tommy & Enrico, great idea Tommy. I am friends with the family that supplied the trophies, maybe I can make that happen lol.

Back