Redneck Tapas...

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
I had one of the best days in front of the grill today. Weather was perfect, prepped all the food outside, everything turned out great...Fantastic!

Perfect weather.

IMG_2812.jpg

Ignition, takeoff!

IMG_2813.jpg

Fatty, wings, moinks and ABTs

IMG_2814.jpg

Fatty and ABTs on with a little cherry smoke.

IMG_2815.jpg

Wings and Moinks on with a little oak smoke.

IMG_2816.jpg

Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

IMG_2817.jpg

Fatty and ABTs done.

IMG_2820.jpg

Wings and Moinks done. (Moinks weren't good at all. I need to work on my meatballs)

IMG_2821.jpg

Next up, skirt steak tacos (pics to come if the beers don't prevent it).

DANG that looks awesome. I half expect to see neighbors peering out of the windows in the background... "oh please, oh please, oh please..."

Don-

Nice work!! Everything looks great, and I'm sure the tacos are starting to look good, too!

I've been cooking all day, but haven't really eaten much yet, so you are making me hungry!
icon_smile.gif

Rich

Very nice Don. If you don't like the moink balls add a little bbq sauce or dip them in some of that orange marmalade/Sriracha sauce if you have some. It really goes well with them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Solak:
If you don't like the moink balls add a little bbq sauce or dip them in some of that orange marmalade/Sriracha sauce if you have some. It really goes well with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea. They needed something to add some "juice". I just took some 80/20 ground beef and seasoned it with some spices thinking the bacon would keep them from drying out...Wrong! I ended up with bacon wrapped VERY, VERY, VERY well done "hamburger" balls...Ick!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Solak:
If you don't like the moink balls add a little bbq sauce or dip them in some of that orange marmalade/Sriracha sauce if you have some. It really goes well with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea. They needed something to add some "juice". I just took some 80/20 ground beef and seasoned it with some spices thinking the bacon would keep them from drying out...Wrong! I ended up with bacon wrapped VERY, VERY, VERY well done "hamburger" balls...Ick! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe try some finely minced onion mixed in with the beef. Great pics.

The folks over on the BBQ Brethren board insist that Moink Balls be made with the frozen meatballs that you buy in a big bag at a big box store. Those are already seasoned up pretty well (with who knows what all!).

It sounds like your Moink-ers were of the "Redneck Gourmet" variety!

I'll bet some orange siracha sauce on those would be wicked.

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
The folks over on the BBQ Brethren board insist that Moink Balls be made with the frozen meatballs that you buy in a big bag at a big box store. Those are already seasoned up pretty well (with who knows what all!). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I've made them many times with those frozen meatballs and they are awesome. I arrogantly though I could improve them with fresh...I was wrong!

I think you're supposed to write it like MOINK balls, maybe that's part of the problem.

Man I just ate a grilled strip (best I ever cooked, by the way) and I'm hungry again. Thanks a lot!!

Back