1982 & 1985 Weber One-Touch Charcoal Cookbook

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
1982 Weber One-Touch Charcoal Cookbook

This copy of the Weber One-Touch Charcoal Cookbook has a 1982 copyright and a revision date of 9/82. It's 24 pages, full color, and measures 8.5" x 5.5".

1985 Weber One-Touch Charcoal Cookbook

I found this copy of the Weber One-Touch Charcoal Cookbook on eBay and it's absolutely pristine, the same as the day it came of the box with the grill. Like the 9/82 version, it's 24 pages, full color, measures 8.5" x 5.5" and has a 1982 copyright but a revision date of 1/85. It was accompanied by a warranty & registration card and assembly instructions.

The 1/85 version drops some of the accessories shown in the 9/82 version, including the Accessories Starter Kit, the Weatherproof Charcoal Chest, the Corn 'N' Tater holder, and the Kettle Covers.

But what's really striking is that the lawyers got involved and greatly expanded the number of product warnings. The 9/82 version has only 4 warning bullet points, while the 1/85 version has...wait for it...26 warning bullet points that almost fill an entire page!

Here's an example of how these cookbooks were attached to the grill as they came out of the box. This photo comes from an eBay auction for a NIB Weber kettle.

WK63Dfy.jpg

Enjoy,
Chris

Last edited:
Kind of cool in a campy way. This booklet is how I learned to soak corn in sugar water before grilling when I was but a wee lad in my 20's, and the grill was new.

You do the math!

Back