Roasted Garlic Aioli

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

This is a riff on an Emiril Lagasse recipe. It is great as a dipping sauce for seafood or vegetables (especially grilled artichoke). It also works as a sandwhich spread.

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
4 large cloves garlic (peeled)
1 TBS Lemon Juice
1 TBS Chopped Parsley
1 Large Egg
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
2 Grinds Black Pepper

Procedure:
Roast the garlic in the oven (or even better, on your smoker if you happen to be smoking something) for 35 minutes at 350 F. Allow the garlic to cool to room temperature. Put roasted garlic, lemon juice, parsely, salt, and pepper into a blender or food processor and crack the egg into the mixture. Pulse until thoroughly chopped. With the device running on high, drizzle the oil into the mixture until it blends into a farily thick emulsion. Refrigerate in a closed container for several hours (overnight is better) to allow the flavors to meld. Enjoy with vegatables or seafood. We like to use it a s a dip for grilled artichokes.

Variations: Emeril's recipe calls for raw garlic and it is awesome but can be a bit overpowering. If you make it with raw garlic, let it sit in the fridge for a couple of days to mellow. You could also add some cayenne to it to kick it up a bit.

I hope you like this as much as we do. I always make a double batch. Thanks for looking...

Regards,

John

This sounds too easy. All of my attempts so far have been failures. I'll thank you if it works!

This sounds too easy. All of my attempts so far have been failures. I'll thank you if it works!

Clint, make sure you read the comments on the Lagasse link

Although there are "good" comments, I find that the negative ones are usually more instructive, especially when there are a lot of them.

Last edited:
Looks great John and thanks for the link. Question I have is... What is the best food processor to use when making small batch of aioli and you need to infuse the oil?

Looks great John and thanks for the link. Question I have is... What is the best food processor to use when making small batch of aioli and you need to infuse the oil?

James - I usually make a double batch of this and my cheap FP works just fine. For a single batch I would probably use a blender. A stick blender would pobably work too.

Regards,

John

Back