I scream, You scream, We all scream for Brisket Ice Cream...

Scott Shimano

TVWBB Member
Congratulations Harry and Donna for performing wonderfully on Chopped last night.

Many of the questions I had were already covered in the blog posts, thank you both for the thorough write up.

The judges (and Ted) really seemed to enjoy the personal relationship between the two of you, and had some great banter about how the experience will affect your engagement. Since the two of you are still happily together, who from Chopped Grillmasters, either fellow contestants or cast/crew, will be invited to your wedding?

Donna, you wrote that after being eliminated you left the set and returned to the hotel. Was this required by Chopped, or were you simply ready to get away from the insanity of the shoot?

When watching the episode, do you feel that the editors did a good job in capturing the overall feeling of being there? Did they cut out anything that was memorable (good or bad)?

And finally - Harry, were you able to get a picture taken with Ted and the Judges throwing up the super-secret Slap Yo Daddy gang sign?

I'm so proud of you both !!!

Hi Scott,
I was required to stay a couple of hours after I was chopped to record what happened. Actually, I recorded some of my comments you see on the show, before I was actually chopped. What you see is an edited and smooth flowing episode and in reality, there are multiple breaks, some of them very long, between shots. So for instance, once we were done cooking, we practice walking up to the judges and then go back to the room for a long time. Then we come back out and walk in front of them and sit down facing the other direction and walk back up and face them and explain the dish and they eat and then we sit down again facing backwards. This is repeated again and again. We are not standing there taking turns showcasing our food one after another.
I think the editors and producers did a good job making us look good. I get a feeling that they made me look more eloquent than I really am. I think they didn't capture how well Leslie, Tom, Harry and I got along, which we did. They also cut out a dirty joke that Leslie told while we were standing there and we all busted out laughing. I think 95% of what we all said was cut.
Thanks for the support Scott!
Donna

Congratulations Harry and Donna for performing wonderfully on Chopped last night.

And finally - Harry, were you able to get a picture taken with Ted and the Judges throwing up the super-secret Slap Yo Daddy gang sign?

I'm so proud of you both !!!

Thanks Scott for your kind words. Nope, I was whisked off the set after I got chopped so no pics with judges. Dang!

That's true. We were never really introduced to anyone. We just stood there for a really long time waiting to compete. So the fact that I shook their hands on the way out was the most normal human interaction I got with the judges.

It's interesting and sort of weird to me that they don't build a "meet and greet" moment into the schedule for contestants to get a handshake and photo op with Ted and the judges. I wonder if that's about lack of time or if it's about keeping tension building for contestants or it's about judges not being swayed by personal interactions with contestants. I guess we'll never know.

Back