Weber Grill Out Times: The Complete Collection

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
For over a year now, I've been on a mission (an obsession, really) to find, scan and post every issue of Grill Out Times, a newsletter that Weber published from 1995-2005. I loved that newsletter and especially the funny, quirky artwork by Linda Kelen that was introduced in 1998.

I reached out to TVWBB members last year looking for old copies of GOT in the hopes of finding them all and putting them online. Well, I am happy to report that I think we've finally found the last of 22 issues! They are posted in the Weber Grill Out Times Newsletters forum where registered members can download and enjoy each issue in PDF format.

It's a lot of fun to go back in time and read about what was happening at Weber around the turn of the century, to hear Mike Kempster reminisce about the early days at Weber, to be reminded of some business ventures that didn't last long (like Weber selling Certified Angus Beef steaks), and to watch the company make the move into cyberspace with "The World Wide Weber" and eventually "Weber Nation". And lots of good tips and recipes along the way. It all plays out on the pages of Grill Out Times. Each issue is like a time capsule of Weber history.

I want to extend a big thank you to the people who made this possible.

• Thanks to Eugene Apicella for providing the initial batch of eleven issues that got this collection started.
  • Thanks to Andy for providing seven issues including Volume 1 Issue 1.
  • Thanks to Walter Riley for providing one issue.
  • Thanks to James Stofle for providing the three issues needed to complete our collection, including the final newsletter Volume 11 Issue 1.

Best,
Chris

webergillouttimescover_zpsccb9219d.jpg

I really liked getting Grill Out Times back then. Thanks for saving them for us Chris, and those who helped by sending issues to Chris.

Interesting reading. Especially that the questions asked back in '96 are the same questions asked now. One that resonates is "Gas or Charcoal?" Still being asked today.

Thanks for bringing these back to the light of day Chris.

Would it be possible to get all of the issues put together in a single zip file or something of the like? Would save time downloading to read offline on my tablet.

Zipping the files would be easy, but serving it up would be a challenge for me. It would be around 100MB and my hosting service doesn't like files that large. I've tried hosting on free services in the past, but they're often loaded with deceptive click ads. If someone knows of a simple, easy solution for hosting, let's talk.

Back