Leaky valve/regulator

Chris_Vagnozzi

TVWBB Member
Does anyone know a good sealant you can use on a gas grill regulator/valve? After greasing mine and putting back together, the top cap (while very secure and tight) has a slight leak to it that catches fire and burns my control panel. Can I put some kind of silicone sealer or locktite on it to prevent this?

Nothing can do this. Odds are either you put it together wrong, lost part of it, or somehow destroyed it. Start looking on flea bay for another

Its not put together wrong, it's just not a 100% seal anymore. I put liquid nails on it today (silicone compound) Should fix it...gonna test it tomorrow

If it did not seal it's not together right. Silicone ANYTHING is not the fix. You're playing with fire here and not safe. I've rebuilt DOZENS of those valves and have NEVER needed to "seal" them with anything

Do you know a good place to find rebuilt ones? Do you have any for sale? I totally agree with you and I've taken it apart since and checked it and it looks good to me. Sits flush on top too. All together very strange. I will be taking your advise and looking for a working replacement. eBay doesn't have any at the moment...:(

Check with a local propane dealer, many times they have parts and do repairs. .

Also, use a mixture of dish soap and water to check for leaks. Brush it on the joint and watch for bubbles. If there are any leaks present, do not use the appliance.

Back