Stoker

Steve P.

I have had my stoker one year and have loved it. I think the temp consistence and control have made me a better cook and helped my scores in competitions. I have had sever little issues with temp over shooting every now and then, fans going off and not coming back one etc. But on my last cook which was about a 18 hour cook on 2 WSM's in the last 6 hours the display went blank 4-5 times one fan went off, the other stuck on. Problem was fixed each time be turning the unit on and off but I am starting to feel I am loosing the dependability I need for all night cooks and competitions. Have others had these issues?? Is it time to send it back to Rock for a tune up?? Any other fixes I can do at home?

I don't have any problems like that, nor have I seen anyone report the same on this forum.

Display going blank is a really bad sign. I would sent it back to Rock.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve P.:
I have had my stoker one year and have loved it. I think the temp consistence and control have made me a better cook and helped my scores in competitions. I have had sever little issues with temp over shooting every now and then, fans going off and not coming back one etc. But on my last cook which was about a 18 hour cook on 2 WSM's in the last 6 hours the display went blank 4-5 times one fan went off, the other stuck on. Problem was fixed each time be turning the unit on and off but I am starting to feel I am loosing the dependability I need for all night cooks and competitions. Have others had these issues?? Is it time to send it back to Rock for a tune up?? Any other fixes I can do at home? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What software version are you using on the stoker?

Back