Purchased partial 14.5 wsm for $20 now what??help needed

D Nguyen

I found a partial 14.5 wsm which included the lid, bottom bowl, water Pan and charcoal chamber at wal mart for $20. Where can I purchase center piece or should I try to convert it to a mini? Which pot would fit the wsm. Thank you in advance :wsm22:

Did it come with a warranty/registration card? If so, Weber might cover the missing parts. It's worth a try.

Update!! Wow weber have great costumer service. I called in looking to buy replacement parts, next thing you know they're sending me free replacement part cover under warranty. All I needed was proof of purchase. So basically I got an 14.5 wsm for 20 bucks. Fyi I seen several 14.5 wsm in Houston for $150.

Update!! Wow weber have great costumer service. I called in looking to buy replacement parts, next thing you know they're sending me free replacement part cover under warranty. All I needed was proof of purchase. So basically I got an 14.5 wsm for 20 bucks. Fyi I seen several 14.5 wsm in Houston for $150.

Bump.

You're kidding me.

They offered you a warranty on a 20.00 WSM?

That is top notch customer care from Weber.

See I disagree with this being top notch customer care. This appears to be Weber just giving away free stuff.
I"m not saying the OP did anything wrong, it appears he was going down the right path to purchase the missing pieces. However, the WSM was $20 b/c it was missing stuff. Its not like he bought it new in box and something was missing.

I'm happy for the OP for getting a deal, but I don't think this is a base case on how Weber's policy is supposed to work.

I know what Rusty's thinking...

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?69499-New-14-5-Weber-Smokey-Mountain!

It goes to show that YMMV depending on a lot a factors, including which agent takes your support call, the way you present your problem over the phone and the information your provide, the agent's mood that day, the phase of the moon, level of the tides, and who knows what else.

That's exactly what I figured, but my second call (to a different rep) two days later was fruitless too.

I'm still scratching my head on this. :confused:

I just registered the WSM I picked up from a member online with no trouble at all! Of course, it was 98 points (-2 but, I looked at that as "pre seasoned!) and I have a hard time thinking I will need any replacement parts. Dave gave it to me with a new top grate and the rest was excellent.
I have had both extremes with the agents at Weber. More in the plus column than the minus but, I've had bad days too.

Back