Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Burner

Outdoor Burner

Looking to add an outdoor burner (propane) to my grilling collection. Most likely want a single one. Don't think I would need a double or even the triple ones out there. Would like one made of quality materials so it will last awhile. Also, would like a nice temperature control. Would like to boil big pots and simmer small ones. I know that is a big range. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Ron

Camp Chef explorer 2 burner .
    Very sturdy , adjusts from low height for big pots & high for cooking smaller pots or griddles.
    Cast aluminum burners won't rust , 2 (30,000) BTU burners will heat a frying pan or griddle all the way to an 80 qt crawfish pot.
    Lots of accessories made to fit !
    Available on Amazon for $90-$100 dollars.
    New Braunfels El-Dorado, 18 WSM, Weber Q220, Mini WSM (Gold) Genesis S-330, Black & Gold Q320, Large homemade smoker at hunt camp

TVWBB Super Fan
    I bought a Bayou Classic turkey fryer many years ago. The burner is fine, the frame has held up well, but the valve is a joke. It's hopeless trying to make fine adjustments.
    Large Big Green Egg, 22.5 Bar-B-Kettle, Q3200 Redhead

I shopped them a bunch sometime around 2011/2012 when I first decided to get into brewing - I wound up finding a good deal in a home depot or lowes - kind of nice seeing things like this in person.
    18.5 WSM > 22.5 One-Touch Platinum > Genesis Silver B > Smokey Joe Gold > Q100 + Q100 = Q200 > Go Anywhere Gas

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    I bought a Bayou Classic turkey fryer many years ago. The burner is fine, the frame has held up well, but the valve is a joke. It's hopeless trying to make fine adjustments.
    I agree, I have the bayou classic and it's mostly used for all-the-way-on or off. It's not a precise instrument. But it's durable and has held up for over 10 years of regular use.

TVWBB Emerald Member
    John, thanks for the suggestion of the Camp Chef stove. The reviews are quite good I see, and also for wokking on it. The price seems quite reasonable.

I'm considering a Camp Chef 2-burner stove. After being assured at the appliance store that my GE Monogram (5 years old now) with sealed burners would handle wok cooking very well, I discovered just the opposite. The burner covers spread the flames up the sides of the wok and I can hardly get a simmer on a stir-fry sauce in the center. The burners won't light if I take off the burner covers.

Can anyone tell me if the burner has one row of flames or two (one aimed to the outside of the burner and one aimed to the inside, for smaller pots (and the center of woks)?

Rita

TVWBB Fan
    Check out the high-low stove from camp chef. It sounds like what you maybe looking for in an outdoor stove.

Quote Originally Posted by Rita Y View Post
    John, thanks for the suggestion of the Camp Chef stove. The reviews are quite good I see, and also for wokking on it. The price seems quite reasonable.

I'm considering a Camp Chef 2-burner stove. After being assured at the appliance store that my GE Monogram (5 years old now) with sealed burners would handle wok cooking very well, I discovered just the opposite. The burner covers spread the flames up the sides of the wok and I can hardly get a simmer on a stir-fry sauce in the center. The burners won't light if I take off the burner covers.

Can anyone tell me if the burner has one row of flames or two (one aimed to the outside of the burner and one aimed to the inside, for smaller pots (and the center of woks)?

Rita
    It looks like a water heater burner several rows of flames
    New Braunfels El-Dorado, 18 WSM, Weber Q220, Mini WSM (Gold) Genesis S-330, Black & Gold Q320, Large homemade smoker at hunt camp

Quote Originally Posted by Rita Y View Post

Rita
    It looks like a water heater burner several rows of flames

TVWBB Super Fan
    Rita,

Appliance salesmen aside...check on your Monogram. Most consumer stoves require an adapter for a wok...I know my Dacor does. I bet if you look there is an optional wok ring for your stove.

I still get wanting to do it outside...but don't give up on your regular stove yet.
    Large Big Green Egg, 22.5 Bar-B-Kettle, Q3200 Redhead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast