Santa Maria Style grills at Costco

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_50241_zpsm8zvckps.jpg

Row upon row of Santa Maria style grills at Costco San Jose. Tell 'em Jim Lampe sent ya! :smilekettle:

gYKUaxunLeBf84_p_Rb9pgxHRAfVw9oidcIddkNddzbZ=w830-h622-no

How much are they Chris?
Got mine and Jim's (reimbursed for his of course) here in StL for $100 each on clearance.
edit, notice Jim's custom larger wheels and longhorns on top.
double edit, I see the $299 tag now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:D
They Look AWESOME!
Unfortunately, not all Costco's have them.

and the only thing I'd change (and I have) are the wheels, go with a larger wheel (I chose a 10" over the stock 5¾")...
add a few more tool hooks...
and include the charcoal grate (an extra 50 bucks)
charcoal_grate_small.jpg
also include a removable ash pan

and... (now I'm begging...) toss in the cover too!
cover4.JPG

I've wanted a Santa Maria since watch Bobby Flay cook on one. Unfortunately here in N.J. the Costco's don't carry them
and I can't rationalize spending more than $300 and haven't seen any others at that price point.

I picked one of those up Chris. Thanks to Jim I was able to get some wheels and do a little fab work to get it like I want it. I plan to get that charcoal grate and maybe the cover now. Here's mine ready for GrillFest 3!

UqIEp7Il.jpg

Love to be able to buy a Santa Maria Style Grill

grillworks42asador.jpg

Thanks for posting up this thread Chris!, the Costco version looks a lot like an econo Grillworks (grillery.com) to my eyes, and I'd gladly shell out $300 for one. Not sure why we don't see these available in Fla., or are they here?...anyone?

What costco is this?

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I went to the mega costco in san jose and they had nothing BBQ related and it was way too busy to ask any of the inmates about these. Just want to make sure I wasn't in the wrong costco.

Back