Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Community 3D Printer / Assembly / Trading Resources

TVWBB Member
    So what is the case print material and what size nozzle was used to print

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    Not sure who you're directing the question to, but I print in PLA for most of my prints, using ABS for Black so it doesn't melt in the sun. I build the case with wall = 2.40, and use a 0.6mm nozzle with 0.63mm perimeters (4 total from wall to wall to make it solid).
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

TVWBB Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by DLMiller View Post
    So what is the case print material and what size nozzle was used to print
    I am starting to print more and more PET cases. So easy to print after you have it set up correctly. I'm actually using a .2 nozzle ATM. But mostly print with a .3 nozzle.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bostwick View Post
    If everything goes correctly, then you should be able to watch it being printed. I have not had my printer on in a couple of month and had some false starts.

http://myuds.servebeer.com/#control
    Everything turned out really nice. Thanks again, John.

To ensure extra smooth operation of the damper, I used some 200 grit sandpaper and sanded down the the bottom of the body and the top of the damper/valve so that those 2 mating surfaces were guaranteed not to bind during operation.

I also replaced the fan wires with some silicone jacket wire I had. The insulator on the stock fan wires had become quite brittle.

TVWBB Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
    Everything turned out really nice. Thanks again, John.

To ensure extra smooth operation of the damper, I used some 200 grit sandpaper and sanded down the the bottom of the body and the top of the damper/valve so that those 2 mating surfaces were guaranteed not to bind during operation.

I also replaced the fan wires with some silicone jacket wire I had. The insulator on the stock fan wires had become quite brittle.

Looks good. If I had to do over I would have used support material where the fan goes into the part. But, it was still functional as is and the top was flat.

Not bad for being the first print after my 3d printer sat in the garage all winter.

TVWBB Fan
    Got a bunch of heatermeters / cases / adapt a dampers for sale, hit me up if interested.

Hope all is well with everyone.

I'm looking into a heatermeter, case, and damper set up.

Keep going back and forth between building my own set up and buying one assembled. Figured I should at least see if anyone has a unit for sale.
    So...PM me if you have any.

Cheers and Thx,
    Jer

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789