Southwest Colorado smoke Day part 2

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
After a very rainy welcome morning. Here we are fixin' to go again. todays line up Kingsford white bag briquette lump.
Filled old leaky up. Temp was 44 degree's on the deck. It's been a cool rainy month. We be lovin' it.

Had 2 racks of pig back ribs seasoned with Memphis dixie dust. Here we are getting our smoke on.

Two hour check, all is lookin' guud. Brown sugar bacon beans lookin' guud down below.

time to add some sauce. Mixed up some Stubbs, allegro & little blues hog

Got a pile of ribs ready to eat. Now it's hard to beat that.

My wife loves it when she can pull them apart just like this.

Here is a shot of the bone yard. It was all guud, beans were too.

On a different note, here's the wife's new to us Ford F-150 truck. Bought this 2012 from my dad with 23000 miles for half of whats it worth.
The wife is giving her 2003 Lincoln Aviator to her sister up in Ft. Collins. Who needs a vehicle and can't afford one. We're glad that we can help her out. Many people have helped me out in times in my life. Anyway it's a super sharp truck.

Debby & Russ life is guud.
Smoke day part 3 tomorrow.

Great looking ribs Russ. Is that an 18.5 you have? I had trouble getting 2 racks on mine. I think you saw my pic I had to cut them in half and skewer them. It worked but there has to be a better way.

Great looking ribs Russ. Is that an 18.5 you have? I had trouble getting 2 racks on mine. I think you saw my pic I had to cut them in half and skewer them. It worked but there has to be a better way.
Yes, it's a 18.5. I just moved them around till they fit. They wouldn't fit in the rib rack.

Yeah, I don't know that I want to go the rib rack route. Basically the less I have to clean the better. I may just tinker with the process I used today and see if I can't tweak it. Thanks for your input guy, much appreciated.

Russ that is a great post my friend and what a great cook too! Those ribs and beans, well they just look wonderful. Been raining and cold here too, but look out we're going into the 80's this week and 90s by next Monday, you'll be next.
Nice looking truck and a great thing you guys are doing by donating your Lincoln to a family member in need.

What an awesome post Russ!! That shot of the ribs with the beans lurking down below is fantastic. Great looking cook. If you've sent any of that rain to me, haven't received it yet. Supposed to be 99 by Friday.

Back