My First Smoke and First Smoke Day Cook

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Trying to decide on what to cook for my very first smoke and realize it’s almost 6 months since Thanksgiving. What better choice than turkey since we had 2 in the freezer.

This is the one I choose since we’ve had it since Christmas last year.
S1032312_zpsr6n22ejs.jpg

Seasoned with Weber Kick’n Chicken and Roasted Garlic Herb.
S1032318_zpssflddgvp.jpg

Setting up the mini for the cook.
S1032322_zpspaaiytkh.jpg

Turkey on with apple and cherry wood for smoke. Cooking at 275 - 300.
S1032325_zps6f1vianm.jpg

Three hours later and done.
S1032329_zps4upjgpas.jpg

Resting
S1032336_zps9gmnb0d5.jpg

Doing side of yam rolls with EVOO and brown sugar. Turing after 2 -3 minutes for browning.
S1032341_zps444yi2xp.jpg

S1032343_zpszvhfdk9j.jpg

Done.
S1032347_zpstyl5fktm.jpg

Plated with stuffing, cranberrys and gravy.
S1032351_zpsc1lmmddg.jpg

Since this was my first smoke I felt it was very successful and had a great time doing this.
Thanks for looking. Hope everyone had a great Smoke Day.

I'm very proud of Barb she didn't need any help at all and the turkey was perfect! Great cook sweetheart!

Yeah I say it was pretty successful too, Barb. Thanksgiving in May: two thumbs up!
It's nice the Paparazzi was out, too :)
Go team Mini!

Last edited:
Barb, that meal looks delicious!! And that's your FIRST smoke?!? Rich, it looks like you get the camera from now on!! :cool: Excellent post from you both!!

Nice job you really nailed that cook. You had me at the turkey, but the sides put the whole cook to a higher level!

...and Barb hits a grand slam on the first swing of the bat! You're killing me, Barb, by pulling off the Thanksgiving dinner for Smoke Day. Definitely an epic meal.

Beautiful cook Barb! And no less pretty pictures Rich! Very nice looking turkey breast, really. Good work both;)

That's a perfect "Thanksgiving in May" plate right there. Thinking to myself that I might need to pull my turkey out of the freezer (that's been there since Thanksgiving) and smoke that thing. Great job, Barb. Can you convince my wife she needs to learn to do this?

That's a perfect "Thanksgiving in May" plate right there. Thinking to myself that I might need to pull my turkey out of the freezer (that's been there since Thanksgiving) and smoke that thing. Great job, Barb. Can you convince my wife she needs to learn to do this?

Todd just tell your wife to jump in, its lots of fun and once you start its all over you can't stop. I've learned so much and having a ball at the same time. Just start out with something simple. If she would like to ask any questions send them on. ;)

Nailed it. You can't get ant better color and texture then that. I think you need to step up too a much bigger grill and get rid of that stand. Ill be happy to remove it from your home:D

Back