Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Sandwich IL. my 1st Smoke Day.

Hello from Sandwich IL. my 1st Smoke Day.

Started the day off with a BEAUTIFUL sunrise this morning. Todays lineup...Caera, making a guest appearance, my NEW protoptype??? 18.5, R2D2 and my workhorse green (DT) Platinum...1st on my 14.5 is Walkerswood HnS chicken thighs. hot n fast about an hour @ 350* MMMMMMMMM.........
    18.5 "C" 2880, 14.5 WSM , 22.5 OTG Simpsons, OTP Green DT, Black Performer DZ, SS Performer-DA-project, JJ vintage, 3 SJ's2-Simpsons & orig, CGA vintage, weber roti

TVWBB Super Fan
    Did you use the water pan? Also how much charcoal did you use? How much smoke wood? This will be my first hot and fast thigh cook on my 14.5
    "Out of the 10Base-T, through the router,past the firewall, down the T-1, over the leased line, off the bridge, ....Nothing but NET."

Foiled the pan. Filled the ring with a mix of KBB and KComp. filled about half chimney from the middle of the ring... back into middle and then 2 good size apple chunks and a lil more Comp on top. Propped the lid open just I bit...hit 350 no problem

Drink a little drink, Smoke a lttle smoke
    18.5 "C" 2880, 14.5 WSM , 22.5 OTG Simpsons, OTP Green DT, Black Performer DZ, SS Performer-DA-project, JJ vintage, 3 SJ's2-Simpsons & orig, CGA vintage, weber roti

TVWBB Super Fan
    How do you prop open the lid?
    "Out of the 10Base-T, through the router,past the firewall, down the T-1, over the leased line, off the bridge, ....Nothing but NET."

I used the corner of a paint scraper...but anything thin and flat would work

TVWBB Honor Circle Enrico Brandizzi's Avatar
    Great lookIng chicken. Well done!!
    3 WSM 22" - 2 Weber OTG 26" - Ferraboli grill
    BBQ GURU ciber WiFi + DGQ DX2 - KCBS CBJ

Awesome looking chick.
    Food is the ultimate passion. It's neccesity and indulgence all in one

Your family pic is great & that chicken ain't too shabby, either!
    “The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook.” J.C.
    a , a '97 Redhead Performer, an '84 Redhead, a '70s Brownie & my Mini

next on, BCC using a simple brine with a little low sodium seasonsalt added then Webers' Beer Can Chicken seasoning and hot n fast ,1:20 @ 350*
    Last edited by Scott Zee; 05-23-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Zee View Post
    next on, BCB using a simple brine with a little low sodium seasonsalt added then Webers' Beer Can Chicken seasoning and hot n fast ,1:20 @ 350*
    That's a mighty fine looking bird. I'm doing my first brined chicken today, I'm also doing one unbrined, just in case, LOL

I hope my chicken comes out half as good as yours look
    85 78

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast