Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Smoke Day

Quote Originally Posted by Robert T View Post
    What kind of beer do you have there Andy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dahl View Post
    Or: how much does Goose Island cost over there?
    Yes, Goose Island. Good stuff. I noticed the new label describes it an an English style IPA, which I think is quite ironic given the number of UK craft beers which are marketed as US style...

A bottle in my local supermarket costs £1.79, or $2.77 according to Google's exchange rate. It was on offer today, at 4 bottles for £6, or $2.32 each. I'm guessing that might seem quite expensive compared with what you'd pay in the US but like I say, it costs no more than a similar UK beer.

I've mostly been drinking rum punch this evening, mind, so apologies for any spelling mitsakes.
    Last edited by AndyUK; 05-23-2015 at 05:38 PM.
    18.5" WSM, 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle, Smokey Joe Premium, Pro-Q Cold Smoke Generator, Cameron Gourmet Mini. Does that last one count?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckO View Post
    That desert has my name all over it
    It's pretty straightforward, of course, but for reference the original recipe is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pi...imevanil_91730
    18.5" WSM, 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle, Smokey Joe Premium, Pro-Q Cold Smoke Generator, Cameron Gourmet Mini. Does that last one count?

Plenty of local beers well over $2.50/bottle over here. Very impressed it made the trip...
    “The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook.” J.C.
    a , a '97 Redhead Performer, an '84 Redhead, a '70s Brownie & my Mini

It all looks great Andy!
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Goose Island is from Chicago...they make a Belgian Style Pale Ale called Matilda that I love...If you don't like strong, hefty Belgian beers than stay away but you can get a 4 pack of Goose Neck varieties at Wegmans here in central mass for I think $9 so you're paying about $2.25 a beer which is 7% and tasty...So it works out that 4 beers = 1 bottle of wine so if you're going to spend $20 on a nice bottle of wine the cold beer is 1/2 price
    18.5" WSM, Genesis EP-330 Steel Gray

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Jim Lampe's Avatar
    Great Smoke Day in The UK!
    Nice Cookin' Andy!!
    Apologies for the fuzziness at this point!
    Dude, we drink beer in this country too
    Living a dream in
    ......................The Home of THE P1GVILION

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12