Aaaaaaaaand, we're smoking. Pit master roll call . . .

I jumped the gun and started around 9:00 last night. Butts are on until probably noon or 1:00, then I've got 3 racks of spares and some rip tips going on.

Unfortunately, this will be a working smoke day. Gotta run some errands, donate blood, mow the lawn, set up the big top (10x20 canopy) for a family gathering tomorrow and run an network cable to our back room so we'll have tunes during said family gathering.

Last edited:
Just started my 6 lb. butt.
Bottom layer of lump, topped off ring with Kb, lit 1/2 chimney of K lump briqs.
Using a mix of apple and hickory for smoke.
A beautiful day here in Missouri, hope it is where you are too!

20150523_085114.jpg

20150523_085257.jpg

20150523_085752.jpg

We have gorgeous weather today... and some HH brisket underway. Using pecan and apple wood. Hope everyone enjoys the day.

thumbnail

Not much smoke in Des Plaines IL. So I had to start some. Just lit the chimney for the 14.5, chicken breasts on soon with some hickory chunks for smoke.
Plain and simple, higher heat toward the end for crispier skin, maybe sauce, maybe not. Have a fun smoke day everyone!

I did a chuck roast ( much better than my first attempt) and a chicken quartered Wednesday. My brother smoked butts, a brisket, and salmon for his daughter's graduation party today.

My 18.5" WSM began her maiden voyage this morning at 7:34 with a Boston butt. Great weather today in the Boston area.

Hello and a beautiful start to Smoke Day 2015 here in Sandwich IL.
Todays lineup....Caera, taking full advantage of the photo op, My new 18.5??? year, R2D2 and my Green Platinum OTG (DT)

Welcome to the forum Ryan. It sure is a perfect day in New England today. Warmer stuff tomorrow. It was 39 degrees when I fired up the smoker. 60 now.

Happy Smoke Day everyone! I have a couple of butts on for a party tomorrow. I'm doing the smoke and braise method that Mike Coffman shared last year. We've had it a few times now and it is easy on a tight schedule. Mr Brown for the rub and Guinness for the bath. Lump and Apple for fuel.

I see a large smoke cloud in the western sky. It must be heading this way from Wisconsin:cool:

Enjoy!

Ribs went on around 145 pm CT (2 racks of back ribs), 2 trays of thighs (comp practice) on around 3-330 PM CT. Sausages and "apple pie" beans after that, then we eat! Hoping the rain stays away here in North Texas

Continuing the tradition in Huntington, NY.

Smoking......Bologna!

I've been too busy to plan a special smoking event this year, so I'm keeping it simple.

I book marked this over the winter, and it's a great compromise for a lazy smoking day.

Malcolm Reed's BBQ Bologna

wish I was using the wsm, but just doing burgers and corn on my parents gasser.

I am breaking out my Irish red homebrew!

I am doing a variation of the country style rib stuffed pineapple that has been floating around on Facebook. I will be posting pics tomorrow.

I'm helping Barb with her first smoke on her own. Turkey breast with kick'n chicken and roasted garlic & herbs with apple and cheery for smoke. Me I get to do the sides.
Cold, rainy and windy here.

It's calm in Prescott Valley Az. and I'm doing my first smoke. Its a Turkey breast bone in and going as I hoped but there is still time!!!
Will post pictures tomorrow.

Back