Alabama > Huntsville: "Little" Paul's BBQ

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
http://www.yelp.com/biz/little-pauls-barbecue-huntsville-2

I've always driven by "Little" Paul's but never stopped in. It's a small place right across from the hospital. A church lady gave me a coupon, so today I took the opportunity to try it. I'm glad I did. I had no idea "Little" Paul is the Great Grandson of "Big Bob" Gibson who's BBQ is always mentioned in BBQ articles and on TV.

I had the "Big Bob" three meat sampler plate. I chose BBQ Beef Brisket, Slow Smoked Baby Back Ribs, and Slow Roasted Southern Style Pulled Pork. It came with my choice of two sides and a corn bread muffin on a Styrofoam plate and plastic utensil pack. I chose baked beans and vinegar slaw.

I received a large plate delivered with cubes of brisket, a mountain of pulled pork, and three bones. All three meats were moist and tender. The ribs came sauced and the pulled pork came with a hot pepper vinegar sauce on the side. There was a table sauce I dipped occasional pieces of brisket in but the meaty flavor was good without sauce. Even though they sell an assortment of rubs at the counter, I didn't detect the taste of a rub but I could see one on the ribs but not the other two meats. Good thing I got three packs of the wet wipes 'cause those ribs were lip smacking good.

I ordered at the counter, got my number, and sat down at one of eight or so tables with plastic tablecloths. The service was quick with lot's of "hon" and " thank you" and plenty of refills for my Ice Tea. It was a good ole southern BBQ joint that I would recommend to anyone in the area.

Last edited:

Back