Just snagged a Genesis 1100 C/L Special

SSweetin

I found a 2001 Genesis 1100 (I think) on C/L today. I got it for $40 and it included 2 full tanks since the owner was moving across country and didn't want to deal with packing propane. It was obviously rode hard and put up wet so it's going to get a full set of flavorizers, tubes, igniter kit, wheels, casters and catch pan rig. It's Mica Green like the last one I did and I hope the hood comes out as well. Unlike the Lil' Green Machine, it has the Durawood side shelf, swinger and lower shelf. I'm going to do the degrunge and re spray on the outside of the box rather than the bare metal slog but the end caps are as flaky as my mother in law so I'll likely have to strip them down. As a side note, I ordered 1/2 of the parts from Grillparts.com (wheels, casters, igniter kit and thermometer) and the order shipped in less tan one hour from submitting payment. I'm now officially addicted.
C6851B67-B34C-4325-B2B4-22608C248A89_zps8udsuv0t.jpg

That is an awesome deal for the propane tanks alone, not including the grill! And a green one to boot! What is the difference between the mica green and the duck green?

That is an awesome deal for the propane tanks alone, not including the grill! And a green one to boot! What is the difference between the mica green and the duck green?

Probably my eye! I was calling it Mica since that's what comes up when I use the Weber grill ID tool. If I call it "Jade Green" it might even be collectible. :cool: I do know that I like it. I actually took my wife (SWMBO) with me to pick up this orphan and she said the same thing about the tank value. She enjoyed the haggling that I did as well. I hope to bring another fine Weber gasser back into service and make my buddy who will receive this one, see the value in restoring a classic vs buying a commodity piece of junk and watching it disintegrate in place.

Congrats and you are doing a wonderful thing. Your buddy is a very lucky guy. Keep up the good work.

I call it Duck Green because I live in Oregon, about 5 minutes from Autzen Stadium, Home of the Oregon Ducks!

Fair enough Mary. I will call your outstanding Genesis rehab "Navy Blue" since I live 10 miles from Navy Marine Corps Stadium in Annapolis!

Fair enough Mary. I will call your outstanding Genesis rehab "Navy Blue" since I live 10 miles from Navy Marine Corps Stadium in Annapolis!

Sounds good to me SSweetin! Thank you for the nice words about my Genesis Rehab. I just love that grill! I always wanted a Weber Grill, but could never justify the expense while I was raising 3 kids. Once the kids left home, I still couldn't justify the expense. I still can't believe I pulled that rehab off all by myself, with just help from people on the forum walking me through it. I wouldn't take all the tea in China for that grill, I love it that much.
By the way, I have 2 extra "Duck Green" hoods/lids I'm not going to be using, as my rehab days are over, unless of course, I run across a beautiful old Red Head, that just screams to me, Take Me Home!
BTW, The green hoods are very popular here in the Pacific Northwest, due to the Oregon Ducks Football.

SSweetin your mother in law just PM'd me and boy is she ****ed ;-)

LMichaels - Well played. By flaky I of course meant wonderful. Even so, I'm not terribly concerned though as the first rehab I did was my 2002 Genesis Gold C that I put on her patio last month. My FIL had displayed his typical frugality at all costs mentality by picking up a drugstore el cheapo gasser that was half grill/half IED. After just two or three cookouts, my grown kids named it Puff the Tragic Dragon and my wife suggested that we add a fire extinguisher hook to the tool board. I "accidentally" put it in the back of my truck and dropped it at the dump in March after an incident where my BIL ruined several pounds of tenderloin while chefing for a St. Patrick's Day event. I considered all options and decided that the re-homing of my loyal Gold C would most possibly save lives and its absence opened up a fine spot for my new Performer Deluxe. Win-Win.

Nice score! I have a 1999 1000LX in green I bought new and refurbed about 5 years ago! Great grill!
S1031895_zps3hh7pejx.jpg

I call it Duck Green because I live in Oregon, about 5 minutes from Autzen Stadium, Home of the Oregon Ducks!

LOL! I was wondering about that when you referred to it as that on my thread. I get it now. I wish I were a bit closer, as it looks a lot nicer than black. But being an Arizona Wildcat, I'm pretty sure that I would never refer to it as "Duck Green" again. ;-)

Last edited:
Nice score! I have a 1999 1000LX in green I bought new and refurbed about 5 years ago! Great grill!

Thanks for posting the goal picture Rich. I'm hoping that I can get mine to look that good when I'm done. I started degunking last night and its going to be a much more time consuming rescue than the one I detailed in the Lil Green Machine thread. Even so, I like the challenge of bringing the Durawood back to that lightly used look.

See! Even Rich is a Duck fan, even though his brother Brian lives in Albany, Oregon and more than likely a Oregon State Beaver fan. ( Ducks and Beavers are rivals)

Hey, I live in Wisconsin. I just picked up two green lidded Genesis Silver B grills. Weber calls it MICA. But maybe I can call it Puke Green so the Packer fans will want it once I get them refurbished.

Anyway, what is the significance of the "Green" lids? Are they just simply an option or are they designed to be some kind of special edition or model. Weber told me that both of my grills were some special edition. They wouldn't even come up in their data base online due to being a special edition and they had to manually register them into my account.

Here is one of them:
yogCE2W.jpg

This is what Weber CS said about them:
-------------------------------------------------
The first model's serial number is DD 59xxxx (SN deleted), and it corresponds to a Genesis Silver B, natural gas model # 2351298, made in April of 2000.
The second model is DD 25xxxx (SN deleted), and it also corresponds to a Genesis Silver B, natural gas model # 2351298, made in January of 2000.
These were exclusive models and you might not be able to register them online due to a technical system process regarding how their serial numbers validate.

Back