New Build, Buzzer not working

John J

Just finished the build yesterday, everything seems to work except the buzzer. I've enabled the threshold (@ -40 low & -200 high) and I've set the Setpoint at 70 low & 80 high.
But i get no sound.
I built it with out the LCD or the button. Since i will be using my phone/laptop to adjust settings.

I've searched the threads and googled, but i have not found anything to help.

Thanks.

I did install them, The only things i did not install was the:
PINHD-1X16 - J1
PINHD - J1 (LCD), J2 (PROBE), J7 (ISCP), J8 (FTDI)
TACTILE-4 - S1
TRIM_US-CT6 - R6

Thanks for the reply

Are you powering it with a 12v adapter or are you powering the HM board via the RasPi?

The buzzer requires 12v, so it won't work if being powered via the RasPi.

Are you powering it with a 12v adapter or are you powering the HM board via the RasPi?

The buzzer requires 12v, so it won't work if being powered via the RasPi.

I am using a 12v adapter, I think its a 12V 1A adapter.
The blower works fine, So i think everything should be getting the proper voltage.
I also used the diagram that shows the voltage of each component to test the board and everything appeared to be correct.

Genius!
Thanks

Well, I tried it and I'm not sure. I get 12V (actually 10.9) across both pins all the time, even if i disable the alarm. Also when i check the resistance across the the pins i get .977 kΩ. I also get the same readings on the 1K resistor.

I have had issues with bad software installs, you might want to try and reinstall the software on the heatermeter. Even though I dont think I have had an alarm issue, I have had lots of button issues that look like the button does not work, but after changing to a known good atmega chip, everything works good.

...because I didn't follow exactly what you said about how you set your alarm, I thought I should ask, do you see the Pop-up alarm screen on the HM web page while you expect the HM buzzer to be ringing?

Well, today i modded the grill so i can hook up the heatermeter, and smoked a Top Sirloin. It was Amazing!
And the buzzer worked fine.
Thanks for the help.

Heatermeter Alarm Issues

...because I didn't follow exactly what you said about how you set your alarm, I thought I should ask, do you see the Pop-up alarm screen on the HM web page while you expect the HM buzzer to be ringing?

I know this is an old thread, but I am also having an issue with Alarms.

They were working previously, but now I cannot get them to trigger at all. I don't get the buzzer or a pop up on the Home screen. Everything else seems to be working correctly. I have been trying to get this working for hours now. Tried changing settings, reinstalling software and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Is your Action set to Silence my some chance? That could make it seem that some of the functions are not working. I just tested all the functions here with my system, alarm rings, email is sent, popup comes up on the home page so it should be working. Maybe can you post a screenshot of your Alarms settings page? Also check to make sure you don't have any scripts enabled on the Alarm Scripts page.

Heatermeter Alarm Issues

Is your Action set to Silence my some chance? That could make it seem that some of the functions are not working. I just tested all the functions here with my system, alarm rings, email is sent, popup comes up on the home page so it should be working. Maybe can you post a screenshot of your Alarms settings page? Also check to make sure you don't have any scripts enabled on the Alarm Scripts page.

Thanks for the quick reply. The setting for the alarm is set to Ring and I don't have any scripts in the Alarm Scripts. These are the settings I have been testing the alarm with...

https://imgur.com/a/DL35h
DL35h

What is also weird is that I can set the Pit Temp Reached LED and it correctly turns on when the temp is reached.

Perhaps it is because you have set a threshold that is unachievable, and/or conflicting high and low alarms set? I've never set conflicting alarms like that so IDK what the HM will do with that? You have threshold set to 1 for both high and low alarms, and a setpoint of 63 and 79, which makes me think you are misunderstanding how to set the alarms.

The threshold is the temp at which the alarm will trigger, the setpoint is an optional setting that will make the pit setpoint change when the alarm is triggered. The way you have it set both high and low alarms will trigger at 1F at which point the HM will be conflicted as to whether to change the pit setpoint to 63 or 69...

Change your alarm setup so the respective thresholds are 63 and 79, leave the setpoint blank and I am sure the alarm will trigger for you.....

Last edited:

Back