ANOTHER New to Me Weber - this time a Summit Gold

Kris Pfeiffer

TVWBB Member
Yes, it was only a little while (a few weeks back) ago that I posted a message out here about the new-to-me Genesis 1000 that I started refurbishing. I'm still going through with that, however, this one came up on CL today and I jumped at it.

New to me Weber by k_pfeif, on Flickr

The burners look good, the flavorizer bars are ok. Grates are fine. Everything else is in very good shape...including the Weber rotissarie! She was $250. How did I do? Did I overpay a bit?

Yes, it was only a little while (a few weeks back) ago that I posted a message out here about the new-to-me Genesis 1000 that I started refurbishing. I'm still going through with that, however, this one came up on CL today and I jumped at it.

New to me Weber by k_pfeif, on Flickr

The burners look good, the flavorizer bars are ok. Grates are fine. Everything else is in very good shape...including the Weber rotissarie! She was $250. How did I do? Did I overpay a bit?

If it's the condition you described, it's an absolute steal. One thing to take a real close look at is the front of the lower firebox. The front and back of the firebox are both made of coated metal, not cast iron. Both tend to rust out, the front especially.

There was one on CL here in St. Louis in the last few weeks in very similar condition and the guy was asking $525. I would have jumped on it for $250 as well! Nice score!

Cool...it does look like I did ok with this one. I just connected it up to my natural gas line, and for the first time ever, I have never-ending fuel for my grill! Firebox looks fine - no rust. I cleaned up the outer stainless surface with some 0000 steel wool, and she looks very nice. I tried out the rotisserie, and it works as it should.

The only reason I was searching Craigslist for "weber gas"? I was looking for a "redhead" Genesis to rehab! I'm still going to finish my black Genesis natural gas grill...I'm refinishing the wood right now. I'm waiting for the temps to get a little warmer to I can spray paint the exterior, but alas, it looks like temps in the 40s until next weekend.

Back