Spirit 2-Burner Hot Spot in the Back

John Groove

My Spirit 2-burner is hottest in the back and gets progressively cooler towards the front.

It is hottest where the bar connects the two burners, against the back wall. I constantly need to shift things around.

Is this a known issue?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

wind can be an issue - mine normally doesn't have a hot spot, but someone was telling me not long ago that "this spot is hotter".... , and then today the whole right side was cooking faster but there was a ~>10mph wind.

John I have a 2 burner Spirit, and mine doesn't seem to have any hot spots.

So all the way in the back against the back wall it isn't hotter at all? How can that be given that there is a horizontal flame back there?

wind can be an issue - mine normally doesn't have a hot spot, but someone was telling me not long ago that "this spot is hotter".... , and then today the whole right side was cooking faster but there was a ~>10mph wind.

It is a bit windy here typically, but where the wind is coming from would not make the back hotter. It would make the front hotter perhaps...

Could there be something defective with my unit?

I have only had it for about six months.

see if you can get a good picture of the flame in the dark........ remove the flavorizer bars & grates...

The flame pattern looks fine. Also looks like the burners are clean. Their performance can be affected by debris getting on them from use. In my Summit, that usually happens toward the back of the burners...as I scrub the grates with each use, the debris gets onto the back half of the burners, so the front of the grill runs hotter than the back. Just the opposite of your problem!

I would expect it to be a bit hotter at the back because of the crossover ignition tube. Is this a new problem, or has it been this way since day one? Might be worth a call to Weber Customer Support regardless, 800-446-1071.

My flame pattern looks just like that, but that flame across the back seems to balance things out. I use my grill mainly for baking, and even heat is a must.

Thanks for the replies. This is not a new problem. It was like this from day one.

I love the grill. It would just be good to know whether there is a way to fix this.

Thanks for the replies. This is not a new problem. It was like this from day one.

I love the grill. It would just be good to know whether there is a way to fix this.

Since that is the case, I would follow the advice given by Chris and call Weber. They are great at helping solve problems. Give them a shot at it.

Back