Time to start planning for WSM Smoke Day 11

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

It's time to open up the forum for WSM Smoke Day 11! :wsm22: We'll be celebrating all things Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker as we do each year on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, which this year is May 23.

For those who don't know, WSM Smoke Day was the brainchild of TVWBB member Joel Kiess. He suggested the event as a way for WSM owners to share their enthusiasm for the cooker and for cooking barbecue. The idea is simple: use this forum to discuss what you'll be barbecuing on Smoke Day, cook it and photograph it on Smoke Day, then share your photos here for all to see!

• Some members will be planning local Smoke Day meet-ups. If you'd like to attend a get-together in your area (or would like to host one), post here so we can coordinate between members.
  • "But I don't have a WSM!" you say. The good news is there's plenty of time to order one from Amazon.com before the big day. But if not, don't worry, all brands of smokers are welcome.
  • Make sure to place your pin on the Smoke Day Map if you plan on participating.

Oh, and don't forget to order your WSM Smoke Day t-shirt today!

smokeday11tshirt_460_zps8nfbl35o.jpg

So start planning for WSM Smoke Day 11 and we look forward to seeing how you celebrate this year! :wsm:

Best,
Chris

I won't be able to make the 23rd of May....:(

Can I place an entry the weekend before?....:wsm22:

Yes, of course. You can cook anytime leading up to Smoke Day or shortly afterwards and share your experience with us!

Cool! The Saturday of Memorial Day weekend is always part of Indy weekend! :)

So... maybe a Friday cook, to take on the road, and enjoy with the crew on Saturday!

When I tell my wife I need to do a cook for Smoke day, she gives me a strange look, and asks me if it is part of my sickness. Yes...... I guess it is, I tell her!

After last year's disastrous flight from Texarkana,I'm keeping my butt home this year and COOKING some butt!

So excited to smoke for my 2nd year. I feel like a novice and learn so much every day on this forum, and love seeing so many new members joining in last 2 years! Thanks to all who share their expertise and even their mistakes.

It's been so long since I fired up the mini or 18.5 WSM I don't know if I'll remember how to do it. Lousy winds and rain for the last month and a half here and no end in site.
At least with the rains no fire restrictions yet, so come Hell or high water Barb and I will smoke something on smoke day.

I'm in. I'm not sure what I'll cook yet. We are planning to have a couple of friends over for some good food, a few too many drinks, and a fire in our new fire pit out back, weather permitting. Good times!

Trying to get back into the Smoke Day groove. We'll be camping at the Aspen group site in the Rock Creek campgound near Tom's Place, North of Bishop, CA. I'm bringing pork ribs and will go BRITU style. My camping buddie is talking about pork loins, so that may jump in the smoker also. We may experiment with working on some chicken. and will definitely smoke some ABT's. Have a nice holiday everyone.

TonyUK said:
I won't be able to make the 23rd of May.....:(
Can I place an entry the weekend before.....:wsm22:
Yes, of course. You can cook anytime leading up to Smoke Day or shortly afterwards and share your experience with us!

Not being able to take part in next weekend's Smoke day, (back to work today for 28 days), I would like to to enter my Smoked Beef Cheeks. (Just wanna be a part of this year's smoke day).

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?59343-Smoked-Beef-Cheeks

Thanks. And everyone have a great WSM Smoke Day 2015. :D

We have great weather forecast for tomorrow, and I picked up some baby back ribs a little while ago. The grocery store has a coupon vending machine at the entrance which I always ignore, but at my wife's suggestion I swiped my card and got a coupon for $3 off a $20 pork purchase - obviously an omen!

Back