Guinness Stout Chocolate Cake

Jo Torez

TVWBB Super Fan
Happy st. Patrick's day!! I made this cake with Guinness extra stout and the cake was delicious! Moist with a hint of Guinness. The cream cheese frosting was perfect for the cake. I found this on the web. This came from "www.simplyrecipes.com" see my pictures below.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup stout or porter beer, such as Guinness extra stout, the rest of the bottle is for the cook!!
10 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cups dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Any cream cheese frosting recipe, I used the one from Kraft website.

METHOD
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 8 or 9-inch springform pan with butter and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
2 In a large saucepan place the beer and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until the butter has melted. Add the cocoa powder and sugars and whisk together. Take off heat and allow to come to room temperature.
3 In another bowl beat together the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract until very, very well combined. Add to the butter-beer mixture and whisk together.
4 In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the beer-butter mixture and whisk together until it just comes together. Pour into the prepared pan and give the pan a few short drops onto the countertop to shake the air pockets in the batter to the surface and out of the cake. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Run a knife around the edge to separate the cake from the pan and pop the ring off the springform.
5 Spread frosting on the cooled cake and serve.

4ed5eab4f14ffc9fcfd924127ae96a73_zps58c0af12.jpg

344e0a36ddb005a687836fed07188fed_zps46465c3e.jpg

Happy st. Patrick's day!! I made this cake with Guinness extra stout and the cake was delicious! Moist with a hint of Guinness. The cream cheese frosting was perfect for the cake. I found this on the web. This came from "www.simplyrecipes.com" see my pictures below.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup stout or porter beer, such as Guinness extra stout, the rest of the bottle is for the cook!!
10 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cups dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Any cream cheese frosting recipe, I used the one from Kraft website.

METHOD
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 8 or 9-inch springform pan with butter and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
2 In a large saucepan place the beer and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until the butter has melted. Add the cocoa powder and sugars and whisk together. Take off heat and allow to come to room temperature.
3 In another bowl beat together the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract until very, very well combined. Add to the butter-beer mixture and whisk together.
4 In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the beer-butter mixture and whisk together until it just comes together. Pour into the prepared pan and give the pan a few short drops onto the countertop to shake the air pockets in the batter to the surface and out of the cake. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Run a knife around the edge to separate the cake from the pan and pop the ring off the springform.
5 Spread frosting on the cooled cake and serve.

Good recipe to bump up. Today is National Chocolate Cake day.

Back