Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Heatermeter Aux. Thermocouple And two probe board V6.1(Final Version)

Thanks Ralph, that worked great!

The only problem I had was finding panel mount jacks. For some reason I couldn’t find any on DigiKey or Mouser that were panel mount 2.5 mono jacks. Had to order some from Amazon and they’re junk, but they’ll do for now. If anyone knows what I’m doing wrong on looking the part up, lemme know.

Edited to add: Well, I just searched again and found several. I must have had something wrong with the DigiKey search filters the last time.
    Last edited by David Disney; 08-11-2019 at 11:53 AM. Reason: More info

TVWBB Diamond Member
    yes, there are several options for panel mount 2.5mm jacks...

The ones I chose for the Aux thermocouple board are actually panel mount, so they can be used in either the AUX board or in the standard pit probe configuration without the AUX board. . The picture at Mouser for the probe jack on the AUX board parts list is actually wrong, if you look at the datasheet you will see the actual shape of the jack, you want the ones that have the enclosed rectangular box. There are at least two manufacturers that make parts in this style. They look like this:

Make sure NOT to get the style like on the HM board (the open ones where you can see the connectors inside), those are too wide...
    Last edited by RalphTrimble; 08-11-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    I created the Roto Damper, RD3, HMv4.2 sliding back case, "air-burner" and the "ping-pong" valve in my quest for delicious "set and forget" BBQ.

Found ‘em. Thanks!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415