Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Heatermeter Aux. Thermocouple And two probe board V6.1(Final Version)

I would be interested in a complete board too. I am working with Ralph to get a case printed.

I would also like a completed board. I sent a PM

I just got my board today and I am a little confused on how to wire it up so that I can use the thermocouple and probes on the aux board. Is there a schematic and/or pictures for the HM v4.3.4 on how to wire it?

TVWBB Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean G View Post
    I just got my board today and I am a little confused on how to wire it up so that I can use the thermocouple and probes on the aux board. Is there a schematic and/or pictures for the HM v4.3.4 on how to wire it?
    Sent ya an email

I hate that im bothering Ralph so much so ill bring the question here. I built a new rdtc board and i cant get the TC working. Fan servo and food probes all work. there is continuity betweek all the IC posts on the board, no shorts. I had to salvage a tc amp IC from an old rdtc board i had that i never got working years ago. mainly because i didnt wire it right. Is there a way to troubleshoot to see if this IC is in good condition? being that mouser is out of them, how can i get a new IC.

Edit: Ralph repsoneed to check the voltage regulator and the IC pins.... Did that everything looked fine. Now it recognizes the TC but started at 500 degree and slowly lowered to around 200.
    Last edited by Jason Abendroth; 01-22-2019 at 05:28 PM.

That chip is pretty darn small and I’ve struggled with a couple of them. One of them required a good scrubbing with a toothbrush and some isopropyl alcohol. My guess is that some of the flux from the solder was allowing voltage to reach places it shouldn’t. If you have a magnifying glass or a camera with a decent macro function, you can try taking a pic of the chip and inspect it for any excess solder or bridges.

With a lot of help from Ralph, I have tested a lot of things. Im thinking it might be a bad IC. And they are out of stock to test that. I'm thinking that because I took this on off of an old RDTC board I had from years back I could never get to work.

I've got a 4.3 board already built, does anyone have any instructions and possibly some pictures on the best way to tap the appropriate points?

TVWBB Diamond Member
    On Page 8 of this thread someone posted my diagram of how to wire the RDTC to the HM board. It shows HMv4.2 board, works the same way on HMv4.3 board though.
    I created the Roto Damper, RD3, HMv4.2 sliding back case, "air-burner" and the "ping-pong" valve in my quest for delicious "set and forget" BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphTrimble View Post
    On Page 8 of this thread someone posted my diagram of how to wire the RDTC to the HM board. It shows HMv4.2 board, works the same way on HMv4.3 board though.
    The 4.3 board has a spot for a header.. which I've covered with probe jacks. I'm looking for some suggestions on how to best sneak these on a completed board without messing it all up or losing existing functionality. I wish I had decided I'd like the option before I soldered the probes in place, I could have put the header on and trimmed it flush. Maybe added headers to the spare jack pins.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast