posted months ago, still avail "1979 Vintage Weber Charcoal Grill - $80 (Milwaukee) "

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
posted months ago, still avail "1979 Vintage Weber Charcoal Grill - $80 (Milwaukee) "

as I mentioned in the title, this was posted months ago but is still on CL...
Looks GREAT! Wish I had room for it...

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/4866527639.html

01010_aDTj4wgk1Qx_600x450.jpg

00404_txczBfHV06_600x450.jpg

00R0R_irBhx5O7tAi_600x450.jpg

00r0r_gXPYqucB8Fj_600x450.jpg

00D0D_eT77z0f10HB_600x450.jpg

00m0m_2QrpVMm1BSE_600x450.jpg

This Black Weber is a vintage 1979 charcoal grill.
It has been gently used and cared for.
They do not make Weber grills like this any more.
Has the original letter code A. $80.00

That's sweet. I got a 78 for about half that price but I bought a new grate and that was $35, so that's a pretty sweet deal

For $700 I can get the 22, the 26 and the Ranch.

I do not need. I do not need. I do not need. I do not need. I do not need. I do not need.

The advantage of that early Weber is it has superior temperature control with the three bottom vents.

The reason they still have it, tho', IMO, is that it's over priced. I say that when you compare to new - most folks aren't aware of the advantagge of three vent control...

Just a personal observation...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

i think when he first listed it, it was $50.
actually, when I first saw this listing, back in august of last year (2014), the seller had it for $200 bucks.

unnamedWEBER.bmp

I still would like this grill in my yard.....

Last edited:
The advantage of that early Weber is it has superior temperature control with the three bottom vents.

The reason they still have it, tho', IMO, is that it's over priced. I say that when you compare to new - most folks aren't aware of the advantagge of three vent control...

Just a personal observation...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I agree dale. Mine has the bars with the sliding vents and the ash catcher. very hard to control the temp. i even find myself leaving the lid slightly ajar if i want to make sure i get high heat.

Very nice score Jim!

I saw that a while back and thought about it and thought about it and thought about it. Just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

It's got a good home now!

That is a beautiful score. I was eyeballing that for a while but just couldn't bring myself to get another black grill. I have a "B" code in excellent shape.

Back