Now? Or wait?

Eugene A

TVWBB Fan
Hello, Everyone:

I'm in the market for a new gas grill. I've selected the Weber E-310.

I keep checking prices, and the prices seem to hover around $699. I don't recall ever seeing Weber gas grills discounted much, if at all, except for what the stores themselves are offering, e.g. Lowes 5% discount if you use a Lowes card.

Do I wait for the traditional seasonal discounts of all things barbecue, or do I get while the gettin' is good?

Thanks for your input.

There are none on Weber grills. They show the price you pay it

Not so. True Value here always marks down their Weber floor models and even some boxed ones at the end of the grilling season around the end of October to make room for Christmas displays. Home Depot just had a few Weber gassers marked down on clearance.
If you look around you can find them, although most of the stores are putting out their new grills so there might not be much out there now.

If one could even find a True Value or Ace. All the hardware stores like that have disappeared from my area. We have nothing but big box stores here. I have never seen a "sale" on anything Weber. Even one of the largest retailers that is private in the midwest here ABT never does. Yeah you might see one "knocked down" on price here and there but Weber's own fair trade and marketing policies forbid "going on sale". If the OP wants a Weber at a good price used may be their only option. But $699 is the lowest "advertised" price he'll ever see.
He could look around for a discounted/discontinued "floor" model, scratch and dent or what have you. But a brand new take it home today unit is going at retail period. That being said, in some ways I am personally becoming a little disheartened with overall quality of the product as of late. Great (no pun intended) warranty and customer service (though they did let me down badly on one of my grills while still under warranty I could not get a part to fix it anymore). Sadly my very expensive product was orphaned with no help from Weber. Guarantee this may play strongly on my next new purchase.

-Your local post office might have some "new neighbor" envelopes that often include 10% off coupons to Lowes and/or home depot. Might be worth a look since it could save you $70+.
- You could wait and hope for a floor model to get cleared out......but you'll have to haunt the big box stores in order to stumble upon that deal. My time is too valuable to do that.
-You can also check craigslist. I see grills advertised as "barely used" all the time. I got my Genny 310 for $65 WITH a bunch of accessories (including a rotisserie). I saw a NICE (late model) Summit for $200 a week after I bought the Genny.

-Your local post office might have some "new neighbor" envelopes that often include 10% off coupons to Lowes and/or home depot. Might be worth a look since it could save you $70+.
- You could wait and hope for a floor model to get cleared out......but you'll have to haunt the big box stores in order to stumble upon that deal. My time is too valuable to do that.
-You can also check craigslist. I see grills advertised as "barely used" all the time. I got my Genny 310 for $65 WITH a bunch of accessories (including a rotisserie). I saw a NICE (late model) Summit for $200 a week after I bought the Genny.

ask the counter clerk @ the post office for the change of address form - & lowes/home depot honor each others coupons (the 10% off). A realtor friend clued me into this a few years back.

Hello, Everyone:

I'm in the market for a new gas grill. I've selected the Weber E-310.

I keep checking prices, and the prices seem to hover around $699. I don't recall ever seeing Weber gas grills discounted much, if at all, except for what the stores themselves are offering, e.g. Lowes 5% discount if you use a Lowes card.

Do I wait for the traditional seasonal discounts of all things barbecue, or do I get while the gettin' is good?

Thanks for your input.

Here's your solution. I posted this earlier today. This should help, if you can find that ACE Store. 80% of the US population live within 5 miles of an ACE Hardware Store, so you must live in a rural area:

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?57846-ACE-Hardware-Weber-Promotion-Memorial-Day-Sale

Sadly "hardware stores" are disappearing from the landscape faster than Superman. The last one within a reasonable distance from me (under 5 miles) disappeared about 8 years ago. My dad lives in NW suburbs of Chicago. None to be found. Sad too. I used to go out of my way to shop at the Ace and they were always crowded. Not sure why they turned tail. Too bad.

ACE Operates 4,400 retail centers, and have had the best income in the last couple of years. Not to say some aren't going away, but there's always the retires, the underperforming stores, etc. Others move to different locations. We have more stores than we've ever had. Now, the other guys are definitely disappearing.

Locations a plenty:

ace.jpg

Last edited:
Not speaking of just "Ace" but True Value and any other "Hardware Store" brands. We just don't have any. The closest one you note in your map is over 45 minute drive for me. Not worth it. So Menard's is the closest thing I have to a local store. (just over a mile away). Sorry maybe in areas with more upscale they may be increasing but in this area BTW the 3rd largest metro in Illinois none really to be had. At least in convenient locations (convenient to me being less than 3 miles). Anyway I truly hope they start increasing again and bring nearby locations. I'd welcome an Ace or True Value store.

You might also consider Abt Electronics. I know it doesn't sound like the place to look for grills, but I bought my Summit from them a few years back. They run some pretty aggressive pricing from time to time if you catch them right. I was afraid of ordering a big gasser online, but it was actually very easy. Big RTL truck showed up and we ran the box off the truck and right into place in my grilling area using a pallet jack. Can't get much easier than that.

Weber's Minimum Advertised Price policy means that $699 is the price you will see everywhere for the E-310 propane model, unless it's an end of year clearance or floor model "nick & chip" sale or something like the Ace deal Martin mentions where they can't drop the price but can give you a credit toward other Ace merch.

If you end up purchasing online, I hope you'll consider Amazon. Price is the same as anywhere else, shipping is free, and it generates a commission that helps pay for the operation of this forum. :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0045UBB36/tvwb-20

Back