Summit Outdoor Kitchen

Wes D.

TVWBB Member
Just stopped by a local BBQ grill place, they have the Summit Outdoor kitchen. It looks to be a Summit grill in the middle with two stainless storage areas on either side. It was 3200$ in either black enamel or stainless.

They also have the corner unit for $4200 in total, but one can only order the straight or corner unit, and not upgrade with the additional piece in the future. So that's more food for thought.

Anyways the size (and brand) fits exactly where I want It to go. Does anyone have one of these who can offer thoughts?

I wouldn't do it. You can build one hell of a outdoor kitchen setup with a real built in grill that will melt that weber down. Paying thousands of dollars for two or three 18inch tin boxes is crazy to me. With some elbow grease,aluminum studs,rock, concrete and a how to book. You can have a nice setup with that budget.

This whole bar was done for $3800 and that includes the grill and both sets of access doors. He already had the egg.

towle_res_3_zps8cab64bb.jpg

I have the grill center with left hand social area. I love it. The side burner has 2 rings for control. It has a lot of storage space.

IMG_3353.JPG

Hmmmmm.....just what is that "real grill" that will "melt that Weber down"?
I wouldn't do it. You can build one hell of a outdoor kitchen setup with a real built in grill that will melt that weber down. Paying thousands of dollars for two or three 18inch tin boxes is crazy to me. With some elbow grease,aluminum studs,rock, concrete and a how to book. You can have a nice setup with that budget.

This whole bar was done for $3800 and that includes the grill and both sets of access doors. He already had the egg.

Thanks for the thoughts. Will get my order placed this week, going for the black one without any social areas. Plus, the lady informed me that I need to get a matching kettle to sit beside it. We have two outdoor BBQ areas, I'll post some pics when it's all set up.

The only thing I don't like is the store is charging $250 to deliver and setup the grill. I could set it up myself, but they state it's a 4 hour job. If I go and pick it up it will take two trips, and I can't unload it by myself. Stay tuned....

This is a nice setup and what I would like to do, eventually. We are going to move in 3-5 years to a bigger house so I want to be able to take the Weber. Plus, I'm not a fan of the "off brand" built-in grills, for which parts aren't always easy to get. With a Weber, I know what getting and that parts will be available longer than I'm around. One day I might mount the Summit into one of these "permanent" islands.

Okay so I ordered the Summit Grilling center, black, without any social center. We settled on $250 for delivery and setup. It's worth that to keep from throwing out my back. Should have it within 2 weeks so will update with pictures. Can't wait to share my Weber grilling areas.

My Summit grilling center was installed today. When I designed my (smallish) backyard, I created two distinct grilling areas. One for charcoal, and one for gas. I keep my Genesis on the screened patio. In the charcoal area is a C&B performer and a WSM 18" and a couple smokey joes for traveling. I happened to tell the lady I have a couple grills (22" OTG blue and copper) in the attic, she just rolls her eyes.

Also I picked up a 22" Master touch to complement my Summit.

WP_20150317_12_48_15_Pro-fx4Wg5D1.1426656165.jpg

WP_20150317_12_49_45_Pro-ICioAHOb.1426656239.jpg

WP_20150317_12_50_51_Pro-XZ3fO9TS.1426656257.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on posting pics. It's like working a Chinese puzzle. I managed once but cannot repeat it to save my life

Back