Please Be Kind: Post Respectfully

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Members:

From time to time, we see an increase in the number of testy posts between members. I'm noticing it more right now, as are other members who are expressing concern about it to me. When you bring together as many different people as we have on this forum, you're bound to have differences of opinion and clashes of personality from time to time.

Remember that we're all here for the same reason: To share information and to share our enthusiasm for Weber products, barbecuing. and grilling. So, please be kind to one another! We all have a better experience when everyone gets along. :)

It's OK to disagree with another member on a particular subject, but do so without attacking or criticizing the person. Be constructive in your comments.

If you become frustrated with a member's posts and just can't take it anymore, use the forum's Add to Ignore List feature so you never see that member's posts in the first place.

Of course, if you feel a member is posting something that is offensive or objectionable, click the "Report Post" icon below the post to notify me and I will take a look.

Thanks!
Chris

I think winter is getting to people. I know I need to get outside and BBQ. Haven't done anything since my Christmas turkey!

Thanks Chris for this timely post! A few posts have been a bit abrasive lately and it's made feel a bit uncomfortable. This is great place to be and I would sure be sad if it went to the dark side! linda

Well said Chris! I try to remember to reread my comments before posting just to make sure nothing can be taken the wrong way, but sometimes my mouse hits the "Post" button before my brain is fully engaged...:rolleyes:

Well said Chris! I try to remember to reread my comments before posting just to make sure nothing can be taken the wrong way, but sometimes my mouse hits the "Post" button before my brain is fully engaged...:rolleyes:

Mike, you must know that you can ALWAYS edit your post after the fact if you think it could be misinterpreted as originally posted.

Mike, you must know that you can ALWAYS edit your post after the fact if you think it could be misinterpreted as originally posted.

Yep, I know Len...I just like getting it right (write?!) the first time! But I have gone back occasionally those times I posted first and then thought about what I wrote. Those are the times the "Edit" button is my friend!

Back