Pork Chop & Rice on the Q200

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
pork chops were seasoned with a little SPOG, on the Q set to high for 5 minutes, flip, 5 minutes, turned it to low & waited another 4. The rice is just white rice with some dehydrated Red & Green Bell Peppers, and some dehydrated Jalapeno Peppers - no salt or oil.

10917419_10203549363996620_7613127827284477412_n.jpg

I won't lie - I ate another chop while the rice was cooking :)

1377578_10203549363756614_6390369845469822399_n.jpg

Looks good Clint and I can see why you scarfed another chop as they look great! Haven't posted anything here yet, working on stove top soups and stews, but we're gathering data for some healthy grilling.

Looks good Clint and I can see why you scarfed another chop as they look great! Haven't posted anything here yet, working on stove top soups and stews, but we're gathering data for some healthy grilling.

I've been lagging in the soup department - that's one thing that helped get me tuned up several years ago; knowing there was a big pot of something good in my fridge helped deter grabbing fast food on the way home many times.

The chops look very good, and for the rice I might just add some tomato sauce or chili sauce to liven it up a bit.

I ALWAYS forget to check out this sub-forum....

Clint, your Chops look EXCELLENT!
t2823.gif

Thanks Jim - you put a smile on my face :)

I'll tell you guys a little secret - this is the first time I remember buying pork chops since around 2003..... I picked them up from Costco & they were really thick and I just couldn't cook them right..... I only had a Kenmore gas grill back then (and a microwave and a toaster oven), and I hadn't found this FINE forum with all the good members..... although I do remember shopping BGEs back then...

Anyway, after years of watching posters here like Mr Lampe & Bob C & MANY MORE!, I've picked up a thing or two...

Thanks everyone.

Tonight's cook probably doesn't need to be thrown out of the Healthy Grilling Forum, so long as I keep out of the booze tonight......

After reading about here and looking for Goya Mojo Crillo Marinade, I finally found it at amazon.......no regrets.

So I pulled out 2 more chops from the freezer last night & put them in the fridge, defrosted them & then poured a few ounces of the marinade in there for about 2.5 hours.

I cooked on the Genesis since it's the air was so crappy (I could taste it).... nice having such a selection of cookers.

Enough of the Blah-Blah:

10523860_10203641555141341_7953400596071597660_n.jpg

Back