Thread: What do you look like?

What do you look like?

I want to share an odd story with you.

I went to The Home Depot yesterday for some light bulbs. While there I visited the Weber accessories display and noticed replacement gas grill igniters and remembered that I needed two for my Weber Summit 450.

Not sure if the one in front of me was the right part, I called Weber Customer Service and asked. Glad I did because in fact I needed a different part. Since the Big Orange Retail Giant did not have my part, I placed an order with Weber right there on the spot over the phone.

I gave the nice lady my name, address, phone number, credit card, etc. We get to the email address and she notices my account says "mail@virtualweberbullet.com".

She says, "Are you Virtual Weber? I mean, when I go to those pages, are those your pages?"

"Yes, that's my website. I run a fan site for the Weber smoker and a discussion forum for all Weber grills."

"Oh, we get calls about your website all the time. We can't recommend a lot of the things on your site because they void the warranty, like drilling holes in the lid for thermometers...that might rust the lid."

"Yes, I understand."

Then she says, "So what do you look like?"

I say, "Do you mean how do I look physically? Like you want to see a picture of me?"

"Yes. You have photos of a lot of people on there, but not one of you."

I say, "You can find a photo of me by going to the homepage at virtualweberbullet.com and clicking 'Welcome Message' at the bottom of the page. There you'll find a photo of me. But the site's not about me, it's about everyone else and about your great products, so I don't prominently feature myself in photos."

We wrapped up the order and thanked each other and I went on my way. But now I realize she knows what I look like but I don't know what she looks like. Maybe next time I call I'll ask.

TVWBB Emerald Member James Lake's Avatar
    That is funny.... You are the man Chris, thanks for sharing.

TVWBB Platinum Member Phil Perrin's Avatar
    Now THAT'S customer service!
    Lagers and pilsners and ales, oh my!

TVWBB Emerald Member
    so funny - thanks.

Ray
    "queing, teeing, and being in NC"

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Gotta love it!
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Just goes to show you how the good folks at Weber became so wise!
    Vern
    Nothing but Weber equipment: Performer Grill , 18.5" WSM

You still got it my friend.
    Weber Summit Charcoal Grill, Primo Grill, Pellet Smoker, Weber Genesis, Weber Q, Weber 22" OTG, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber 26"

Be careful. I went on a terrible blind date that way 40 years ago. Guess I should have asked for a picture.

But Frank, then it would not have been a blind date. About that same time 40 years ago I went on a blind date that made me wish for temporary blindness. But a few blind dates later I met my wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ferreira View Post
    Be careful. I went on a terrible blind date that way 40 years ago. Guess I should have asked for a picture.